IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > For the COVID avoiders, when do return to the track?
12/23/20, 12:51 AM   #41
SoIllSprinter

What’s a fact is my local paper has had for the last couple of months three times the number of obituaries I can ever remember. That and the fact that our local ICUs are full tell me all I need to know. It is real and it isn’t made up ******** from the media or politicians.

6 members like this post: captrat, fish, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, oldfan49, Rpracing1
12/23/20, 10:20 AM   #42
dshort36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
What’s a fact is my local paper has had for the last couple of months three times the number of obituaries I can ever remember. That and the fact that our local ICUs are full tell me all I need to know. It is real and it isn’t made up ******** from the media or politicians.
I’ll tell you what’s real. People not having money to eat or pay their rent and utilities. Children not getting the education they deserve. Small business owners goin bankrupt and losing everything they have. Increasing suicides People in Washington not missing a paycheck This is what’s real !!!

12/23/20, 11:41 AM   #43
Re: For the COVID avoiders, when do return to the track?
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

My wife and I are heading to Florida for racing in January/February and also to Arizona in late March for hopefully Spring Training and some racing during the weekends. No planes though as we will be driving to both venues this year. Will wear masks where necessary and prudent and be extra cautious but will not lock down and become isolated in fear.

Bruce and Pat Eckel

12/23/20, 11:49 AM   #44
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshort36 View Post
I’ll tell you what’s real. People not having money to eat or pay their rent and utilities. Children not getting the education they deserve. Small business owners goin bankrupt and losing everything they have. Increasing suicides People in Washington not missing a paycheck This is what’s real !!!
And people dying due to complications of the virus isn't? Hmmm.

We generally get the leadership we, as voting citizens, support and deserve.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, oldfan49, Rpracing1
12/23/20, 1:00 PM   #45
dshort36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
And people dying due to complications of the virus isn't? Hmmm.

We generally get the leadership we, as voting citizens, support and deserve.
O covid is real just blown way out of proportion for reasons we cannot talk about on this forum which I respect. 1/2 or more of covid reported deaths are not because of it. People die every day in car crashes but we still all drive. I do respect the choice to wear masks and self isolate if that is your wish just don’t force it on me. Went to every race I could this year and didn’t wear mask and continue my daily life without one. Family members have had covid. Or so the tests say and they have all been just fine.

4 members like this post: 1021gpa, addictedtodirt, billw, skids59
12/23/20, 1:34 PM   #46
revjimk

Quote:
Duel you are 100% correct. The number of deaths in 2020 are about the same as they have been in the past five years. I do believe there are covid deaths but it is greatly exaggerated. If someone dies today and tested positive 6 months ago they say it was covid related. They get money to do so. I will not be a sheep those that believe differently and follow I will respect their choice
False....https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/20/...aths-covid-19/

5 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, oldfan49, Rpracing1
12/23/20, 1:36 PM   #47
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schaub View Post
Seeing how my last name isn't *****, I don't hide inside. Will make every race I can. I dont even wear a mask except when on my way into and out of church. While in church, no mask.
Wow, what a "Heroic Freedom Fighter"
Ever think you might infect SOMEBODY ELSE???
Thats the whole point of the masks, if you haven't heard...

6 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, oldfan49, OnTheHammer, Rpracing1
12/23/20, 1:40 PM   #48
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvee View Post
I had COVID over Thanksgiving. It just made me fell a little achy and really tired but I have been a lot sicker than that in my life. Now the doctors tell me I have antibodies and it is unlikely that I can get it again at least for awhile, so I guess I am going to see as many races as my budget allows.
Glad you survived. Not everyone does...

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, Rpracing1
12/23/20, 1:41 PM   #49
revjimk

Quote:
O covid is real just blown way out of proportion for reasons we cannot talk about on this forum which I respect. 1/2 or more of covid reported deaths are not because of it. People die every day in car crashes but we still all drive. I do respect the choice to wear masks and self isolate if that is your wish just don’t force it on me. Went to every race I could this year and didn’t wear mask and continue my daily life without one. Family members have had covid. Or so the tests say and they have all been just fine.
"1/2 or more of covid reported deaths are not because of it"????
Lets see some proof....

2 members like this post: fish, Ken Bonnema
12/23/20, 2:07 PM   #50
dshort36

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
"1/2 or more of covid reported deaths are not because of it"????
Lets see some proof....
There have been plenty of doctors out there reporting this but u need to turn off cnn. Flu reported illnesses and deaths are down over 90%. Coincidence? Don’t think so I have talked personally to people who said that their family members were reported to die of covid when it wasn’t true. Go ahead and be a sheep your choice

6 members like this post: 2rock21, addictedtodirt, duel, PJ Wright, skids59, treecitytornado
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > For the COVID avoiders, when do return to the track?