IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo hotel
6/12/14, 5:52 AM   #1
Kokomo hotel
Turn One

I'm thinking about getting a room in Kokomo for the first 2 nights of sprint week. Anyone have any experience at The Garden Inn or the motel 6. I'm looking at cheaper hotels since I'm only gonna sleep and shower there, but nothing ghetto. Thanks. Chris

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
6/12/14, 9:12 AM   #2
Re: Kokomo hotel
Onlydirt

Those are the two I make the most calls to in Kokomo. I would not stay at either. I would gladly pay a little more, my type of clients stay at these two.

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Jerry Spencer
6/12/14, 9:30 AM   #3
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I have stayed at the Days Inn & Suites for the last year and one half. Nice people, very decent rooms, and this visit the WiFi has worked perfectly. For a while you had to call the front desk and ask them to reboot, but not now. 765-453-7100. South side of town right on route 931 (the old route 31 before 31 became the bypass). IHOP, Cracker Barrel and a a really good Mexican Restaurant (Mi Familia) as well as the Spencer's sponsor Half Moon very close. And Starbucks. I do not hesitate to recommend it.

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Jerry Spencer, Mud Packer, racenut69
6/12/14, 10:38 AM   #4
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
I have stayed at the Days Inn & Suites for the last year and one half. Nice people, very decent rooms, and this visit the WiFi has worked perfectly. For a while you had to call the front desk and ask them to reboot, but not now. 765-453-7100. South side of town right on route 931 (the old route 31 before 31 became the bypass). IHOP, Cracker Barrel and a a really good Mexican Restaurant (Mi Familia) as well as the Spencer's sponsor Half Moon very close. And Starbucks. I do not hesitate to recommend it.
Frank helps Spencer Racing as well as other sprint car teams and has done his homework when visiting the cities we race, he knows what he is talking about.

onlydirt is one of Kokomo's finest and also knows what he is talking about when it comes to safety, besides being a good friend he also loves the sport and would never steer you wrong.

As far as The Halfmoon you will enjoy every visit and at the same time you will help Spencer Racing to get on track, Chris does not hesitate when it comes to Josh and the team on the flip side the fans of Josh have been wonderful when it comes to supporting Chris and the Halfmoon.

Like it was said a few more dollars for a safe stay may be worth much more in the long run.

What ever you decide stop in at the trailer and say hi, we add to our fan base all the time.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com and on Facebook @ Spencer Racing

6/13/14, 6:57 AM   #5
flatout18

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 46

We have used the Comfort Inn the past couple of years during Smackdown. No bad experiences with it. Works great for us. We can stumble to the Steak and Shake for a late supper and then go catch a few winks of sleep and then repeat.

1 member likes this post: racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo hotel