IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Statement of FACTS on the ASCT and Twin Cities
5/10/10, 4:06 PM   #1
Statement of FACTS on the ASCT and Twin Cities
Finish-LineMM

This is an official statement of facts regarding May 8th at the ASCT season opener.

1. Fact: The ASCT was to have a lease agreement with TCRP. Now the fleetwoods claim this is untrue.

2. Fact: The ASCT was to pay $3800 to the fleetwoods at the end of the night. The fleetwoods had recieved $1000 up front prior to the event.

3. Fact: The ASCT was to recieve all pitgate and general admission money. The fleetwoods never turned over a DIME to Mr. Gurley.

4. Fact: The ASCT hosted a 50/50 drawing. The fleetwood kept that money also.

5. Fact: Mr gurley paid all racers out of his own pocket.

Facts stand for themselves, the ASCT and Gurley motorsports will not be commenting.

The ASCT is back in action next weekend.

Fri: Fayette County Speedway Brownstown, IL
Sat: 24 Raceway Park Moberly, MO

BIG JIM

5/10/10, 4:53 PM   #2
Re: Statement of FACTS on the ASCT and Twin Cities
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finish-LineMM View Post
Fact: The ASCT hosted a 50/50 drawing. The fleetwood kept that money also.
The Fleetwoods must have had the winning ticket.

5/10/10, 5:33 PM   #3
kcarm92

just reading all about the deal at twin cities, if asct leased the track for this race and you said you did, why did the fleetwoods collect the pit fees and not you guys they shouldnt have been involed if you leased the track? just askin

5/10/10, 5:40 PM   #4
bobO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
just reading all about the deal at twin cities, if asct leased the track for this race and you said you did, why did the fleetwoods collect the pit fees and not you guys they shouldnt have been involed if you leased the track? just askin
when my dad did this in the past all thier people were part of the deal ... i DONT KNOW THIS FOR FACT... we did it to help on cost and not having to hire a bunch of help...

5/10/10, 5:55 PM   #5
Phylo82

Sounds like it's time for the lawyers to get involved.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

1 member likes this post: Finish-LineMM
5/10/10, 6:31 PM   #6
Big Willy

Statement of FACTS on the ASCT and Twin Cities

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an official statement of facts regarding May 8th at the ASCT season opener.

1. Fact: The ASCT was to have a lease agreement with TCRP. Now the fleetwoods claim this is untrue.
Why would you not have a signed legal contract binding both parties before you ever put a track on the schedule?
2. Fact: The ASCT was to pay $3800 to the fleetwoods at the end of the night. The fleetwoods had recieved $1000 up front prior to the event.
This may be why the Fleetwoods kept the pit and grandstand monies. If you don't want them involved, pay it all up front and have them stay out of the way and out of the cash drawer.

3. Fact: The ASCT was to recieve all pitgate and general admission money. The fleetwoods never turned over a DIME to Mr. Gurley.
If they weren't paid in full I could see them being resistant to turning over the cash. See fact 2 to keep this from happening in the future...

4. Fact: The ASCT hosted a 50/50 drawing. The fleetwood kept that money also.
Who collected the money for the 50/50? If the Fleetwoods did then i would say if was their 50/50. If the ASCT had someone collecting the money then you might have a ***** but i doubt its a matter for the court since it is probably illegal. Besides how much could the 50/50 have been? From the sounds of the crowd numbers it may not have covered the cost of having to pay the people selling the tickets.

5. Fact: Mr gurley paid all racers out of his own pocket.
He should have. It is his series. With 22 sprints in the pits at $155 per RR spec tire and series fees for both sprints and midgets they should have had close to $4500 in the till from that alone

Facts stand for themselves, the ASCT and Gurley motorsports will not be commenting.

The ASCT is back in action next weekend.

Fri: Fayette County Speedway Brownstown, IL
Sat: 24 Raceway Park Moberly, MO

BIG JIM

This was a bad deal for everyone involved. Mr G didn't do himself any favors by going on the DO show claiming 26 midgets were going to show and spouting off about the reasons for doing this were to get purses up. Hell I think he said something like I should never have to do this... and I shouldn't have to start a series like this. Well sir welcome to short track promoting. You were fortunate from the sounds of it that a mini stock took out the fence as that gave you guys the "out" and excuse to call the program and not have to pay the full purses. What do you do in the event the race goes on last Saturday and you take that big bath with only 150 people in the stands? Its easy from the outside to talk about how these promoters are all getting rich, screwin the racer and how you are going to be different until you get a taste of that other side. I think its way easier to talk the game than it is to implement the plan. Maybe I'm wrong and I will be the first to say that I hope I am, as short track racing needs successes in order to get stronger but I do not think this series concept was the way to give it a shot in the arm. You probably should go give that kid in the mini a $100 bill as his misfortune saved you from complete financial ruin on this night...

3 members like this post: awnunn, Stuckwieser
5/10/10, 6:57 PM   #7
CFR Enterprises

This is starting to get confusing for me. I read on another forum that the mini sprints could run both classes as long as the extra pit pass was purchased. Then it was later changed that they had to run either the mmsa or with the midgets but not both because that is what the fleetwoods told john and he said he couldnt overturn a rule from the track. If he was leasing that portion of the program, Why would it matter what rules mason has in place?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Statement of FACTS on the ASCT and Twin Cities