IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson pass dirty on Leary?
8/25/20, 1:43 PM   #31
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I was with a friend one night after a race at the Action Track and he started talking to CJ. I wasn’t part of the conversation just listened. I came away a bigger fan then I already was, thinking this kid can not only wheel but a cool guy also. Now it seems if things don’t go exactly his way he’s got to say something derogatory. Maybe he feels that way but some things are better left unsaid. I mean if I told my boss everything I was thinking I probably wouldn’t have a job. On the other side aren’t we lucky Kyle Larson made a harmless mistake and the knee jerk overreaction of Ganassi and NASCAR gave us a wonderful gift of what very easily could have been a terrible season.
Not trying to gang up on CJ; after all, I’ve enjoyed watching him race, but I wanted to follow up on a couple of comments about him in this thread. In one of the interviews with CJ Sunday, he referred to “Kody, being the jerk that he is.” In my opinion, Kody is as far from a jerk as one can get, and that comment showed CJ in a new light for me. Did anyone else hear that comment? Thoughts?

3 members like this post: bighd0522, fish, ISF
8/25/20, 1:44 PM   #32
Re: Larson pass dirty on Leary?
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

If were going to suffer a loss Id would rather it be Larson going to Indy Car
Last edited by mc/rider; 8/25/20 at 1:46 PM.

8/25/20, 3:08 PM   #33
Burksy46

Do you have a link to that interview?

8/25/20, 3:10 PM   #34
Burksy46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
Not trying to gang up on CJ; after all, I’ve enjoyed watching him race, but I wanted to follow up on a couple of comments about him in this thread. In one of the interviews with CJ Sunday, he referred to “Kody, being the jerk that he is.” In my opinion, Kody is as far from a jerk as one can get, and that comment showed CJ in a new light for me. Did anyone else hear that comment? Thoughts?

Do you have a link would like to see/hear it for myself? Because if it’s the interview I think you’re thinking of it was from the Dave Steele classic Friday in which Tanner Swanson said that.....
Last edited by Burksy46; 8/25/20 at 3:15 PM.

8/25/20, 4:10 PM   #35
Kansasdirtfan

No, sorry, I don't have a link. It would be on the full replay on Flo. I just spent about a half hour scanning the replay but couldn't locate the interview. However, I do know it was CJ, and he did refer to Kody specifically.

8/25/20, 5:02 PM   #36
TQ97

It’s possible to think Larson is perhaps the best ever and the move for the lead was at least a bit crappy. Watch the YouTube replay that’s posted in this thread. He turned down on CJ, threw the car sideways in front of him 100 yards before the actual entry into the corner, without being clear, straightened the car out and then turned into the corner. The only reason they both didn’t crash was CJ slamming the brakes. It was a pretty crappy move and one that anyone else would have mentioned right after the race as well. Did CJ have time to pass him back and couldn’t. Yes no arguments there. But how you can watch that replay and not at least raise your eye brows at
the cleanliness of that move, makes me think you should get glasses.

4 members like this post: Adolph, Burksy46, erich45, progressive22
8/25/20, 5:29 PM   #37
erich45

I guess by today's standards it wasn't too bad, but before roll cages it would have earned you a post race nosebleed.

6 members like this post: Burksy46, interpreter66, J Watson, jim goerge, Speedwrench, TQ97
8/25/20, 5:35 PM   #38
Burksy46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
No, sorry, I don't have a link. It would be on the full replay on Flo. I just spent about a half hour scanning the replay but couldn't locate the interview. However, I do know it was CJ, and he did refer to Kody specifically.
I would like an exact reference to go to cause I highly doubt cj would say something like that lol so until you provide with actual points I suggest you go back to Friday’s broadcast and watch where it’s either tanner or Justin I believe (being sarcastic obviously) where they call him a jerk. Maybe you’ll get learnt a thing or 2

1 member likes this post: TQ97
8/25/20, 6:13 PM   #39
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Thank you very much sir. Exactly what I was looking for as I don't have Flo.

The move certainly put Mr. Leary in a bind. His choice was hit the inside wall, hit Larson, or get on the binders to not destroy anyone's equipment. I think Leary has a legitimate gripe, but is probably more of a gripe that he wasn't raced the same way he was racing Larson and got taken advantage of because of it. Dirty move? I don't think so, but maybe more of a disrespectful move would be a more accurate description.

Leary gave him room to race and Mr. Larson made him pay for it by taking that room and then some. That aggressive nature wins races. The higher up the ladder of motorsports you go, the more that attitude is rewarded with victory. For someone who has been at the top levels honing that mental attitude and coming back to the regional ranks, it can be devastating to the local competition, which we are seeing. Racers better adapt to this, or be left in the back eating dust.

5 members like this post: Adolph, Big Mike 7, Burksy46, Chief Wahoo, erich45
8/25/20, 7:06 PM   #40
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Personally, i think both drivers pushed the limits on “clean racing”. Looks to me like CJ crowded Larson more and more as they headed towards one and Larson closed the door early in response as soon as he felt clear.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, MBoersma
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson pass dirty on Leary?