IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson in a Late Model. Tested a Longhorn & Rumley #6. Pics.
8/18/20, 10:15 PM   #11
bsmith8

Not a Late Model guy but if he would have the the same amount of A main wins in Lucas Oil Late Models and is based on winning every Amain from July 18 to September 1 he would have pocketed almost 400,000 in winnings . That’s a no brainer. Most Lucas Oil Late Model wins pay 15 to 40 to 50,000.00 to win. Look up there payout. I don’t understand why Sprintcars can’t pay this to win.

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, PIT CART
8/19/20, 12:09 AM   #12
Re: Larson in a Late Model. Tested a Longhorn & Rumley #6. P
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Simple reason why Sprint Cars dont pay that much to win....

Youll get the same cars for $1,400 to win on a Saturday night somewhere in Indiana as you do for $10,000

In Late Models, the top guys wont unload for anything less than 7K to win most times.

8/19/20, 5:07 AM   #13
Blackduce

Rico needs one also. Talk about a draw!

Lynn

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Ken Bonnema
8/19/20, 6:02 PM   #14
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Nathan,

Based on your post, you must be in the know on Larson's test session. Dirt on Dirt said the test session got rained out before they got any laps in. Did Larson even get in the car?

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
8/19/20, 6:08 PM   #15
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

They were getting ready to get on the track, then it came a monsoon. Decided against practicing on a heavy and tacky track at Cherokee Speedway

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, luckybuc97
8/19/20, 6:19 PM   #16
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
Nathan,

Based on your post, you must be in the know on Larson's test session. Dirt on Dirt said the test session got rained out before they got any laps in. Did Larson even get in the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
They were getting ready to get on the track, then it came a monsoon. Decided against practicing on a heavy and tacky track at Cherokee Speedway
Grocery Guy - What Chris said above. From what I've heard. He was in the car getting ready to test at Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, South Carolina when the rain let loose.

I think given some test time and seat time he'll do just fine. I think it will take some getting used to but I think he will do good once he is given time to understand the characteristics of how the car handles with different set-ups and track conditions. Kyle has already show he has the talent now he just needs to put it all together in a Super Late Model. When they are finally able to test I hope there is some video of it for all of us to see.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/19/20, 6:30 PM   #17
Spi-nex

Sure hate to see Larson getting out of a racecar....

I mean, anything with dead weight like a battery and starter can't possibly be a racing machine right?

6 members like this post: Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, ISF, jim goerge, mc/rider, SOROKACH35FAN
8/19/20, 7:02 PM   #18
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Thanks Chris and Nathan.

Appreciate the updates. You could see a little sunlight in those photos, that's why I was asking. Stinkin rain. Would have been awesome to see some videos of his test session. When you have the Rumley family helping you, you have the best.

I'm with you guys....sure hope we get to see Kyle in a late model. With some practice and understanding, he will gather more knowledge. Looking forward to it.

8/19/20, 8:46 PM   #19
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
Thanks Chris and Nathan.

Appreciate the updates. You could see a little sunlight in those photos, that's why I was asking. Stinkin rain. Would have been awesome to see some videos of his test session. When you have the Rumley family helping you, you have the best.

I'm with you guys....sure hope we get to see Kyle in a late model. With some practice and understanding, he will gather more knowledge. Looking forward to it.
Would love to see him do double duty at the Gateway Dirt Nationals Dome race in St. Louis.

8/20/20, 6:20 PM   #20
nathans1012

Well Larson did get to test today at the Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, South Carolina. Seen 2 pictures.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson in a Late Model. Tested a Longhorn & Rumley #6. Pics.