IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?
5/11/20, 6:58 PM   #41
Re: Would you go?
HDbill

I understand the passionate responses for both sides. But, there is also some evidence that the number of cases and fatalities are not accurate. What does that say to anyone that wants to use unsubstantiated numbers . With all of the various flu cases experienced every year and all of the fatal accidents experienced every year; many question the effectiveness of getting flu shots and they are not mandated. How many bars are located in the middle of nowhere so it its impossible to get there without driving. No statistics of how many crippling accidents were cause by their patrons. Meanwhile big companies have parking lots that look like Christmas. Not so for the mom and pop stores. I have to wonder how many of he NO respondents have not seen a pay check since this all started. I say live and let live. I want to get my hair cut (probably pay double for the other one that I missed) and I want to take my family out to dinner. And I want to get back to racing. I have no problem getting my temperature checked and am not afraid to have dinner at a table next to others with no temperature. I would never go into a store with a temp or sick and take a chance of causing somebody else to have a problem. I want my America back and there will be no apologies from me for that. God bless America and lets get back to living like we belong here.

5/11/20, 7:15 PM   #42
Spi-nex

National Weekly Covid-19 Infection Averages:

Last Week- 25,667/day
2 Weeks Ago- 28,600/day
3 Weeks Ago- 31,919/day
4 Weeks Ago- 29,023/day
5 Weeks Ago- 31,965/day
6 Weeks Ago- 27,837/day

As of 7PM 5/11/2020 there have been 1,384,033 total confirmed infections in the United States. As of the 2010 census there was 328,000,000 people in the USA. That gives you an infection rate of 0.4%. Also does not include recovered or deceased.

Sorry, but I'm not willing to live my life on a fraction of 1%.

LIVE LIFE WFO!

5/11/20, 7:18 PM   #43
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Heck yeah. We’re down for going racing.

If we feel we should be wearing masks, we will wear one. If wearing a mask is required, we’ll probably choose to wear a mask and see some racing.

If we feel we should social distance ourselves from others then we’ll do that. I will not social distance myself from the ice cream machine though. 😉

Hope everyone is doing well! We hope to see you all soon!

5/11/20, 7:32 PM   #44
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Heck yeah. We’re down for going racing.

If we feel we should be wearing masks, we will wear one. If wearing a mask is required, we’ll probably choose to wear a mask and see some racing.

If we feel we should social distance ourselves from others then we’ll do that. I will not social distance myself from the ice cream machine though. 😉

Hope everyone is doing well! We hope to see you all soon!
Eating ice cream with a mask on,your gonna be a mess

5/11/20, 7:33 PM   #45
EBookerFan

No not until there is testing and tracking for every one in my community and that is not yet happening in the State of Indiana. Until this occurs, I will keep my distance from you yes men out there.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
5/11/20, 7:41 PM   #46
ISF

Just a brief moment of levity.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
5/11/20, 7:49 PM   #47
sp6967

my wife and i just went out to eat today, first time in a while we have been allowed to sit down in a restaurant. enjoyed every minute of it. and as soon as i can go racing, i will.

5/11/20, 8:02 PM   #48
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

No questions asked I would be there If I could find a race close enough. I have tickets to the World Of Outlaws Late Model Show at Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 in Pevely, MO for this Saturday, May 16th. Bad thing is the weather forecast looks like crap from Wednesday thru Sunday for that area. If it gets washed out I will be looking for another place to check out. I try to make a point to go and watch races at 1 or 2 new tracks each year. With Indiana, Illinois, & Michigan shut down I put I-55 on my list & maybe a track in Eastern Iowa. Only bad part for me is no UMP Modifieds or any other support class just an invitation to 48 Late Model drivers & teams. Makes it difficult to justify the long 5 1/2 hour drive from Northwest (Hobart), Indiana. Regardless I will be there if they race. If they cancel early enough I may be forced to either stay home or find another track to attend. To be quit frank I'm ready for this crap to be gone. Hope Indiana opens up soon.
Last edited by nathans1012; 5/11/20 at 8:06 PM.

5/11/20, 8:56 PM   #49
jeffj

I am high risk...i will not live in fear..if our tracks opened tomorrow i would be there without hesitation.

5/11/20, 11:35 PM   #50
Rpracing1

I will evaluate each race date as necessary. If a track is only allowing “x” many spectators and I am traveling interstate highways to get there, will probably pass as I’m sure locals will mark seats days in advance. Depends on series running and support classes too. Not interested in these 2am feature start time programs. I have no problem social distancing and masks don’t scare me one bit. Actually will keep your face a bit cleaner. Hopefully we will get to see some of you all this year.

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, flagboy55, jim goerge, racenut69, WinglessLovers
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you go?