IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No driver shirt sales @ gas city
4/27/14, 5:07 PM   #31
Re: No driver shirt sales @ gas city
Onlydirt

Would love to hear the other side of the story. Give the fans a reason to walk by the area of t shirts and stuff will make them walk by the gift shop/concessions. Has to help in the tracks sales.

4/27/14, 8:31 PM   #32
robert gatten

MSCS20, that would work if Mel would go for that.

4/28/14, 9:32 AM   #33
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Mall craft shows seem to have a working system, 8 foot table space, a different colored wrist band to show you are a vendor all for $20.00. Includes grandstand access (but not a pit pass), then sell racing stuff to the fans, everybody is happy. JMHO, but if this piddle contest goes on to long it just becomes ANOTHER nightmare for a promotor, on top of everything else, and too many problems lead to failure. A happy ending for all on this or not, we CAN NOT take a chance on losing a race track like Gas City ! bob

5 members like this post: cwfan08, dirt330, mowerman, PJ Wright, speed bump
4/28/14, 10:15 AM   #34
robert gatten

So now the future of the entire race track hedges on driver tee shirt sales. Really ?

4/28/14, 12:17 PM   #35
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

The one thing about Gas City you have a choice of buying a 50/50 ticket and using it as a pass to the pits before hot laps..You can go back there and buy shirts at the trailers if you want too..I am not gonna say its right or not right to not be able to sell your stuff outside of the pits..but there is an option if you want to buy a shirt from a racer..

Ty

6 members like this post: AERO410SCJA, BrentTFunk, davidm, fish, mtek56, spicoli
4/28/14, 12:25 PM   #36
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

At Lincoln Speedway PA, teams sell tee's at the base of the scores tower and they even left the fans know over the PA as to who's selling shirts that night, I don't know if the track is getting a cut or not, but they are not sold in the tracks own stand. Williams Grove has a good system were fans can go into the infield and buy tee's through the fence were the rigs are parked. Again this is announced over the PA system, the track even calls this area "Tee Shirt Row".

It would seem to me that a fan wearing a Sprint Car tee is helping to promote the sport for both the team and track.

3 members like this post: fish, PJ Wright, robert gatten
4/28/14, 12:43 PM   #37
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert gatten View Post
So now the future of the entire race track hedges on driver tee shirt sales. Really ?
I believe you're being a bit shortsighted.

I really do hope ALL of you folks who SUPPORT Gas City can find a workable solution. I'm confident that the solution won't come from social media.

4/28/14, 5:46 PM   #38
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
I believe you're being a bit shortsighted.

I really do hope ALL of you folks who SUPPORT Gas City can find a workable solution. I'm confident that the solution won't come from social media.
I couldn't agree more. People who complain on social media are killing the sport. Mowerman said something last year that I thought was pretty good. If you have a complaint talk directly to the promoter. If you have a compliment say it on social media. I can't name one promoter in Indiana who hasn't taken the time to answer a question, if asked at a decent time.

6 members like this post: bandres21, cwfan08, fish, jjones752, LUCKYONE, Mud Packer
4/28/14, 6:31 PM   #39
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I couldn't agree more. People who complain on social media are killing the sport. Mowerman said something last year that I thought was pretty good. If you have a complaint talk directly to the promoter. If you have a compliment say it on social media. I can't name one promoter in Indiana who hasn't taken the time to answer a question, if asked at a decent time.
I can think of oneThank goodness he know longer has his claws in any track I attend

1 member likes this post: mowerman
4/28/14, 6:35 PM   #40
Bill Gardner
Administrator

When I have a complaint with one of the promoters I'm friends with... I tell him my complaint and then when he does something good, I say nice job then quickly tell him something else I think he needs to improve. I've truly earned the nickname jackass.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, LUCKYONE, mowerman, rightrear
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No driver shirt sales @ gas city