IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > nwo 40
3/31/14, 12:50 AM   #31
Re: nwo 40
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

I was down in turn one and couldn't hear much of the announcing unless it was dead calm quite and no cars were on the track. Now that isn't Chris's fault though. Good racing nonetheless.

1 member likes this post: B-square
3/31/14, 1:26 AM   #32
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I was down in one too. I heard lineups all night. I didn't hear running order very much under yellow. Didn't know it was Tyler Courtney making all that ground until the one lap finish. Jordan Kinser though was running where nobody else was.

It could be done, only a couple found the way to do it though.
Chuck, not knocking Chris at all. Thought you did a bang up job. Running orders under yellow would be apreciated

1 member likes this post: Chris Nunn
3/31/14, 3:41 AM   #33
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I was setting under the covered grandstands and heard lineups all night long..The track wasnt the best but I am not going to complain. Its March and we were at a race..They could have easily cancelled with the rain they received the last few days..How about that drive from 19/20th from Courtney and Kinser..holy crap! A stout 51 cars and some dang good drivers didnt even make the show..Everyone have a great week!

Tyler

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, racephoto1, speed bump
3/31/14, 5:53 AM   #34
1021gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel7 View Post
I was down in turn one and couldn't hear much of the announcing unless it was dead calm quite and no cars were on the track. Now that isn't Chris's fault though. Good racing nonetheless.
the speaker down in turn one where they come off the track doesn't work hasn't for couple years

3/31/14, 7:38 AM   #35
illinisprintfan

I was sitting right at the end of the covered grandstands exiting 4 and heard everything fine. Good job Chris. I appreciate your style of announcing. When something needs to be said you say it, when nothing needs to be said you don't just continuosly talk.

3 members like this post: cwfan08, fish, Motormasher
3/31/14, 8:55 AM   #36
Racer_dude35

Track needs to repair speakers in turn 4 heard nothing

1 member likes this post: speedbump
3/31/14, 9:07 PM   #37
lovindirt

So not to be a pain but can anyone post the complete lineups for the heats so that we all can see whom all was there racing, Sounds as though we missed a really good one.

3/31/14, 9:19 PM   #38
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

There is a separate post on here with the complete results.

1 member likes this post: fish
3/31/14, 9:54 PM   #39
johnnythunderhead
Banned

while we're on the topic of announcers/ imho more of them need to take advantage OF DEAD TIME TO ANNOUNCE LINEUPS INSTAEAD OF WAITING TILL THE caRS TAKE THE TRACK, THERE'S NO POINT TRYING TO TALK OVR THE ROAR, NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU THEN, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR BREATH

2 members like this post: Daddyo, treecitytornado
4/1/14, 11:02 PM   #40
Onlydirt

Kokomo announces them as they are pushed out and of course with the mini hot laps thats going on you can't hear a darn thing. Only time I hear an announcer at a track is during the tractor parades.

Don't take this as a complaint to Kokomo...as many know its about the only track I attend regularly

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > nwo 40