IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 30 Great Years on the PA - Thanks
3/1/23, 9:54 AM   #1
30 Great Years on the PA - Thanks
Brad Dickison

After 30+ years of fun weekends at racetracks, I have decided it was time to step away from my role as a PA announcer.

Like many of you who love this sport of racing, my family has been there to support and encourage me. I could not have done this without the love and support of my wife Tammy and my two successful sons - Robbie and Ryan. From April to September, they allowed me to go have fun working a job that has taken me away from them when many families were together doing “other” things. My parents were also a huge part of learning about this sport taking me to racetracks when I was a child, thanks mom and dad.

My friendships and memories are a big reason I chose to do this for so long - ALL of them have made an impact on my life. From working at the biggest racetracks in the world speaking in front of thousands, to the small local track on a Sunday afternoon in front of 200 fans, I have loved EVERY minute of it. To all the teammates I have worked with in the booth - I love you and thank you for making each race fun and our long nights bearable. Of course, the track owners, promoters and race organizations that have employed me - THANKS for paying me to do something I had a great passion doing.

To my heroes, all of you talented brave racecar drivers - you are amazing. I have enjoyed calling your races and trying to be a small part of entertaining the fans as you dazzled them with your skills. To my racing family (all you knowledgeable,rowdy race fans) who had to sit in the bleachers listening to my rambling - thanks for clapping, cheering and putting up with my stories, jokes and singing.

I look forward to seeing you at the racetrack and sharing another story and laugh, but this time as the most cherished part of our sport - a paying customer.

As we did for many years signing off at the end of the night - HAPPY TRAILS!

Brad Dickison

3/1/23, 10:24 AM   #2
Auggie #33

Thank you Brad for all you have done and for your friendship. Enjoy your retirement my friend! Jeff Auggie O’Banion

3/1/23, 10:38 AM   #3
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

As they say Brad,"Thanks for the Memories"!You will be missed!🏁🏁

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3/1/23, 10:44 AM   #4
Re: 30 Great Years on the PA - Thanks
BrentTFunk

Thank you Brad. Always enjoyed listening to you, and feel lucky to have gotten to know you when we worked together way back when. Enjoy.

3/1/23, 1:34 PM   #5
DJlives

It is a very tough day. We had a great run together

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, STIDA.com
3/2/23, 10:46 AM   #6
MBoersma

From a purely selfish standpoint, I'm disappointed with your decision but I can appreciate your perspective and choice at this point in your life. Listening to you call the races at Putnamville, Bloomington and Paragon as my wife and I sat in the stands during the past 4-1/2 yrs. following our move from Central California to Indiana was one of the special things that we experienced afterwards that validated our efforts to do so. Your calm and informative voice over the PA will be missed this season and beyond; thanks for the efforts and sacrifrices you made during the past years to do so - they were most appreciated.
Last edited by MBoersma; 3/2/23 at 5:12 PM.

3/2/23, 6:18 PM   #7
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Brad,

Thanks for a job well done!!! We enjoyed your announcing over the years and your interaction with the fans. Will truly miss hearing your voice over the PA systems at LPS and Bloomington. You were a pleasure to listen to. Enjoy your time off.

Bruce and Pat Eckel

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
3/2/23, 6:49 PM   #8
Hubie48

Thank You Brad.

Hope to still see you from time to time.

Hubie

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
3/2/23, 10:48 PM   #9
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Congrats Brad! You've been an amazing PA announcer at all the tracks you've announced at. You're a friend to everyone from the pits to the grandstands. Still remember meeting you when you were coaching basketball, and I was a basketball referee. Had many great moments with you at the Kroger Speedfest, too.

Enjoy all the free time you've earned. Happy travels!

Kevin Kotansky

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
3/4/23, 7:50 PM   #10
HurstBros0

Thanks for all the memories Brad. I know I always asked you to say something good about us and you never let us down. I would like to say your professional manner and delivery was second to none. After you fixed the pronunciation of Troy Link's home town from Pal-meer-ah to the correct Pal-my-rah, you were teetering on the perfection level. Enjoy your new ventures and say hi if you see us. Hurst Bros. Racing

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 30 Great Years on the PA - Thanks