IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
sjarman76 (Offline)
  #1 7/1/14 5:34 AM
So I see the Kenyon midgets is looking to be a decent spec midget class, anyone eles know of affordable midget classes in Indiana? I've been karting for years and grew up chasing midget races all over Indiana. I have wanted to go midget racing for a long time but the motor $$$ and amount of rebuilds needed has kept me from doing so.
jjones752 (Offline)
  #2 7/1/14 5:49 AM
Check out the Montpelier Midget rules at
http://www.montpeliermotorspeedway.com/MidgetRules.htm
Gas City is attempting to run Midgets on a regular basis as well, basically utilizing the Montpelier rulebook, but MMS is a little better established, with 3 years under their belts.

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
midget96 (Offline)
  #3 7/1/14 10:13 AM
The Kenyon Midget series is very affoedable and everyone you run with are great people and families. They race both pavement and dirt with the same car. Tires last more than one race - great series. Complete car for sale around 5K. Call Don and talk to him about the series..

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=75751
edpersh (Offline)
  #4 7/1/14 11:25 AM
Illinois has good sportsman class midgets with a couple series. Always wondered why someone hasn't tried it in Indiana. Montpelier and gas city are not any different than any other national midget series. They let sportsman/mini sprints run but how long do they want to keep running with no chance to win.
2 Likes: sjarman76, Task Force
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #5 7/1/14 12:17 PM
Come to the Bartholomew Fair this Friday. You will see the best bang for your buck guaranteed.
4 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, Lillyweld, RickyBobby, Xflagman
sjarman76 (Offline)
  #6 7/1/14 3:34 PM
I was reading up on the new Honda midget motors sounds like they hammered out a sponsorship with usac, and looks like they have a nice spec motor for around 12k are these replacing the focus midgets? I would prefer to go all or mostly pavement racing in the Indiana area but can travel, and yeah I remember growing up out at IRP watching Thursday night thunder then coming home and popping it into the vcr in the garage because we recorded it also and wrenching on my kart all night for the upcoming weekend race lol, midget racing was something very special to me back then that's still in my heart today
masbury (Offline)
  #7 7/1/14 3:57 PM
Don't know of any spec midget racing but I know that you can go mini sprint racing with wing and non-wing with MMSA for affordable amount of money, we have two. One is an old midget chassis other is a FOZ G2 chassis, these cars are very fun and competitive if you have any other questions feel free to call me at 812-797-5498, we are looking to sell one of the cars
2 Likes: MMSA, RickyBobby
badcoupe (Offline)
  #8 7/1/14 8:32 PM
Or you could try a tq midget two clubs to run with although no pavement racing. I wish we still ran pavement though. Good racing and nearly identical to a midget.
Task Force (Offline)
  #9 7/2/14 12:37 AM
not in Indiana but the Illini Racing Series in Illinois races both dirt and pavement with a very affordable/competitive package...
2 Likes: sjarman76, Wayne Davis
sjarman76 (Offline)
  #10 7/4/14 1:35 PM
Bump