IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This one is for Bill Gardner
Thread Tools
7/20/14, 9:33 PM   #1
This one is for Bill Gardner
racephoto1
racephoto1 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,253
 

If everything went as planned, Bill should have a copy of this .I want to thank all those who helped pull this together and those who participated. A big thank you to Lincoln Park, and Steve, and Joe Spiker for their help behind the scenes. Also everyone at Bloomington who helped also.

We missed you the last week and a half Bill, and we wanted to show you that. Racers here in Indiana have no better friend, and for that all I can say is thank you.

As for the photo, you can see your number one with everyone out here.

IMG 8177 copy copy par Chris Pedersen, on ipernity
_________________________________________________
Last edited by racephoto1; 7/20/14 at 9:37 PM.
 
7/20/14, 9:56 PM   #2
RacingGirl10
RacingGirl10 is offline
Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 180
 

Lol my sweet boy looks like he was covering his eyes from all those birds
 
7 members like this post: agar, bus man, dirtnonwingfan, EPSpeed, koolaid89, racephoto1, team3521
7/20/14, 10:08 PM   #3
Re: This one is for Bill Gardner
racephoto1
racephoto1 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,253
 

Amy, both your men were gentlemen. I'm just glad they were there.
 
7/21/14, 11:54 AM   #4
Mrs G
Mrs G is offline
Administrator

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,091
 

Joe, Jill and Steve stopped by the hospital yesterday to visit with Bill and give him the photo. It immediately put a smile on his face! He asked to look at it several times after they left. Each time picking out someone he didn't see before. It means a lot to the both of us that you took the time to do this!
 
7/21/14, 12:19 PM   #5
Re: This one is for Bill Gardner
Danny Burton
Danny Burton is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,165
 

Ordinarily, I hate posing for pictures. But this was a huge exception.

Bless you both. Let us remember that when we offer prayers to God for Bill not to forgot those closest to him as well. We cannot imagine what it feels like but we can still have empathy for such a trying time.
__________________
http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Flat Out Magazine

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
 
7/21/14, 2:14 PM   #6
Re: This one is for Bill Gardner
cmakin
cmakin is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,830
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
Ordinarily, I hate posing for pictures. But this was a huge exception.

Bless you both. Let us remember that when we offer prayers to God for Bill not to forgot those closest to him as well. We cannot imagine what it feels like but we can still have empathy for such a trying time.
I am right there with you. I prefer to be behind the camera by a longshot, but man, I couldn't wait to step out in front for this one. I, too cannot even imagine what he is going through. I sure hope this helps some. . .
__________________
Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2019 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
 
3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, racing4aman
7/21/14, 2:35 PM   #7
Re: This one is for Bill Gardner
Theokayman
Theokayman is offline
Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 127
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingGirl10 View Post
Lol my sweet boy looks like he was covering his eyes from all those birds
I don't think so Amy. It looks like he was trying to give it a double-barrel but the picture snapped before he got it.


Jake.
 
1 member likes this post: koolaid89
7/21/14, 10:48 PM   #8
Bill Gardner
Bill Gardner is offline
Administrator

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,077
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
If everything went as planned, Bill should have a copy of this .I want to thank all those who helped pull this together and those who participated. A big thank you to Lincoln Park, and Steve, and Joe Spiker for their help behind the scenes. Also everyone at Bloomington who helped also.

We missed you the last week and a half Bill, and we wanted to show you that. Racers here in Indiana have no better friend, and for that all I can say is thank you.

As for the photo, you can see your number one with everyone out here.

IMG 8177 copy copy par Chris Pedersen, on ipernity
This type of humor may not seem normal for some people, but I treat it as a form of love.

I've had a tough few days in thej hospital and I'm still not still not finished yet,

Just make sure your life is full of the laugher & enjoyment of the type of people in this photo.

I love you guys!! Put on the show and kick sum butt!!!

Sorry for typos... I'm been on so me heavy doeses of Pain medices.
__________________
 
7/21/14, 10:53 PM   #9
Re: This one is for Bill Gardner
racephoto1
racephoto1 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,253
 

Bill, we out here love you too.
 
4 members like this post: jim goerge, koolaid89, LPS Insider, mowerman
7/21/14, 11:10 PM   #10
Kirk Spridgeon
Kirk Spridgeon is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 790
 

Sorry I missed this photo, especially, but glad Chris let me sign it. All the way back to racing each other using the keyboard arrows, buddy!!! Still can't believe all this came from that beginning!! We missed ya Thursday, BillG!
 
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This one is for Bill Gardner


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 7:21 PM.


Make IndianaOpenWheel.com your homepage
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2005-2019 IndianaOpenWheel.com
Mobile VersionLinks: Dave Merritt - Chris Pedersen - Carey Fox - Carey Akin - Joe Bennett - Brandon Murray - Dave Roach - John DaDalt - Racin; With D.O. - Jackslash Media