IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
robert gatten (Offline)
  #11 7/6/14 10:32 AM
worst yet, is people that bring a dog to the races and then the dog craps on the walk way going out the gate and in front of concession stand ! This was at LPS last night. Dogs should not be permitted in the area.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #12 7/6/14 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by LittleRube:
Guess I'm a bad parent with these guidelines. 9 months old and already been to 20 races.
Keep up the bad parenting, Rube. I predict you'll raise a good kid, if you keep doing things the way you are.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, loosewheel
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #13 7/6/14 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by LittleRube:
Guess I'm a bad parent with these guidelines. 9 months old and already been to 20 races.
Again, it goes back to common sense thinking. If you're putting your kid in an environment that might cause damage to hearing without taking the necessary precautions then it doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks of your parenting. I'm sure you would be the first one distraught if your child suffered hearing loss due to those actions.

Perfect example... I've seen Jerry Coons Jr and Amy Coons take their kids to races on many occasions when they were very young. They made sure the kids had the appropriate protection.

It's common sense.

7 Likes: ByronMack, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, Nate, rclaridge
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #14 7/6/14 11:35 AM
While suggestions are fine. Mind ya own business is my motto. Never had ear protection and thats when they ran muffler less.

Bob, Was it a service dog and did they clean the mess?. If they bite Marv, they are more than welcome J/K Him and Gregg will know what Im talking about .

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: billw, NEMA88
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #15 7/6/14 12:05 PM
I just want to clarify something... My perspective is in the pits and being close to the cars. I rarely sit in the grandstands and what I'm thinking doesn't necessarily apply there. Grandstands and the pits are 2 completely different circumstances.

2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #16 7/6/14 1:00 PM
Would never say someone is a bad parent for not making kids wear safety gear at a race. Will say this, ever been hit in the face by a rock at a race, I have several times. I now wear eye protection for that reason, had a rock hit me hard very close to my eye. If Dad is wearing ears and eyes the kids will do it to be like Dad, it will not be a burden. It is everyone's choice but was a good suggestion.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #17 7/6/14 1:06 PM
Wasn't a kid but I actually went up and bought a set of goggles for some girl one night at Eldora who had contacts. I had a ex Fiance with contacts. Dust and Contacts don't mix well.

From that point on, she had a blast

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
racenut69 (Offline)
  #18 7/6/14 7:19 PM
Pick me!
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
Some of us still use it... and I'm not changing.

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
racenut69 (Offline)
  #19 7/6/14 7:22 PM
I've seen a lot of folks at the track that should've never procreated!..I'm just sayin!

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #20 7/6/14 7:51 PM
Race nut .... Sometimes the gene pool needs some bleach !