IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > amsa rules change
11/16/09, 9:50 PM   #61
Re: amsa rules change
TNR22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
Finding out through some motor guys that there is alot you can still do to a 1000cc and make the 900lb rule, as long as its stock bore and stroke, runs on gas and isnt equiped with a stroker crank......Anybody know who sells the best box?
http://www.imperialpk.com/
And I think they have a Minisprint also

11/17/09, 3:55 AM   #62
Bradleyracing86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNR22 View Post
http://www.imperialpk.com/
And I think they have a Minisprint also
Haha ashworth sells boxes !
Posted via Mobile Device

a very fast minisprint...
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 11/17/09 at 10:55 AM.

11/19/09, 7:30 PM   #63
Re: amsa rules change
markjr

ok im giving my opion and concern and question i have raced sprintcars and 600 micro's.i had my partner pull out on me so i had to sell my car and parts but im looking into mini sprints or micros i was looking at amsa and mmsa since theres not many local places to run uprights but after looking at what mmsa is doing in 2011 im not sure

1. i dont think the move to only gas is safe and i dont see how it would help cost in 2008 and 2009 i spent more in fuel in the 1/2 ton truck than i did in methanol for the race car and as far as safety what if the car fliped and the fuel ran out gas in comparision will flame up so much quicker i believe that it happened to someone when camden was open

2.as far as weight why not just make it an even deal like sprints say 1000 lbs across the borad so that way the little kids that are in the car that can make just the right weight would be forced to get closer to the guys who cant shave that much weight it puts everybody at a more level playing field

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > amsa rules change