IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > amsa rules change
11/11/09, 4:45 PM   #41
Re: amsa rules change
Colin25

Dude all I was saying is we were not welcomed, hey glad you came over, love to have you run more often with us, so forth. But your rebuttle shows you would rather we not be there. My statement is I am there to enjoy time with my teenage son and enjoy a sport I have been involved in since I was six. And you need to do your own home work. I happen to own 3 cars and run all over, so just because you think you know me you're wrong. Mesides that you don't even know my own name. My appoligy for calling you someone your not. I'm not out here to piss people off like it seems alot of people want to. I'm here for fun and to get away from the everyday stress of owning a company.

11/11/09, 9:44 PM   #42
Harry Jones 14

why would you think that you was not welcome, if I remember right JT came over and talked to you and even said to you glad to see you and come back anytime. As Ms Harriet said when they pay out to the drivers they always think you for going and come back. Mrs Tague also welcomes you, and thanks you, so if that is not making you feel welcome, what is the problem. You want them to kiss your feet for racing with them? You would be welcome by amsa anytime they don't turn no one away and the guest is treated just as nice as the members, when they feed the guys all the guest is always ask to join them, enough said on that subject.

11/11/09, 10:03 PM   #43
Phylo82

We've run a number of races, AMSA and MMSA......I can't say that I have ever felt welcomed or un-welcomed. To be honest I have never really even thought about it. We just go out, run.....and try to enjoy ourselves.

We have had a good time working with Larry and Scott Fasse. They have been a great help to us. I also can't thank the Stewarts enough for helping us twice this season.....especially when they loaned us a radiator at Chilocothe that allowed us to get on the track for the feature.

Same goes for the Willis family.....if not for them we would have been done before even getting on the track at Twin Cities early this past season. Not to mention how much those guys make me laugh my arse off on a race-night!
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
Last edited by Phylo82; 11/11/09 at 10:05 PM.

11/11/09, 10:08 PM   #44
suzuki756

i hate it i can not be 900lb stk so why do it i am stk and will not spend 1500.00 or so for alky i guess this little fat dude is out have fun next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

sorry it sucks

11/11/09, 10:28 PM   #45
Bradleyracing86

Although a little weird, i guess rules are rules.... cant wait to race with you all next year...I do wish they would allow tire grinding and grooving, just because I buy tires used from a midget team and most of them are already cut... -Andy

11/11/09, 10:56 PM   #46
suzuki756

rules are rules but here is the deal i see i am 950lb stk on gas,sorry mr heil but i am going to use your car as an example i think he is a stk 1000 on gas also with a young
driver that can be 900lb or so but my ass can not get there to 900 and i will not spend that kind of money to go to alky its crazy.even if i did buy alky 70lb weight will
kill anyone, and alky will no make up for 70lb,i called jenny craig for a sponsorship but was declined , i think there is alot of guys racing these cars with stk 1000 on gas with the same problem maybe 930 or so would be better and then a 40lb differance on alky to 970 would be alittle better then 70lb,
and there are 2 d15 tires am i wrong on that.but you should be able to sipe them maybe not groove them.
by the way amsa was great this year and jerry and his team done a great job! good luck to you all next year
i will keep working on jenny craig for some help so maybe i can race with you next year but for now i will not be there

11/11/09, 11:16 PM   #47
Bradleyracing86

I can see your point but a tire groover is $70 bucks new tires are over $100....

11/12/09, 12:01 AM   #48
Phylo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
Although a little weird, i guess rules are rules.... cant wait to race with you all next year...I do wish they would allow tire grinding and grooving, just because I buy tires used from a midget team and most of them are already cut... -Andy
I hope Jerry changes his mind on that rule.....cutting tires helps you get a couple more races out of them.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki756 View Post
rules are rules but here is the deal i see i am 950lb stk on gas,sorry mr heil but i am going to use your car as an example i think he is a stk 1000 on gas also with a young
driver that can be 900lb or so but my ass can not get there to 900 and i will not spend that kind of money to go to alky its crazy.even if i did buy alky 70lb weight will
kill anyone, and alky will no make up for 70lb,i called jenny craig for a sponsorship but was declined , i think there is alot of guys racing these cars with stk 1000 on gas with the same problem maybe 930 or so would be better and then a 40lb differance on alky to 970 would be alittle better then 70lb,
and there are 2 d15 tires am i wrong on that.but you should be able to sipe them maybe not groove them.
by the way amsa was great this year and jerry and his team done a great job! good luck to you all next year
i will keep working on jenny craig for some help so maybe i can race with you next year but for now i will not be there
I can't disagree with you. Ultimately the best rule would be gas only, and a weight of 950 pounds. That would help the bigger guys (my kid only weights 140lbs) and keep costs down.

I figured the tire would be the SP2....isn't there only one size of those vs. two sizes of D15s?
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

11/12/09, 12:49 AM   #49
slide22

Well as far as the weight... I'm 6'1 215-220 ish, our car weighed 975 stock on alcohol at KC. EVERY car in the top 4 at KC was over 960, with one over 1000 lbs. I don't think weight is as big an issue that people think. I don't care how much you strip off the car, there is NO way you can get a FOZ or Henchcraft down to 900. There is no way it can happen, unless your driver is under 150 lbs.

11/12/09, 1:21 AM   #50
HoosierDirt

well if someone wants to own a good car for the rule change ours is for sale the nichols car this car would make the 900lb weight easy its 740lbs with the big heavy bandit motor and no fuel in the tank with the driver added 165 then with the 3 gallons left of alky 21lbs thats 926lbs but if you run gas you would have a lighter motor less fuel since our tank is like 11 gallon know this car would be 900 or less easy your looking at around 886lbs minus 2 gallons of fuel at end of race and one gallon still in tank ..Bob Nichols built his cars lighter and faster... a slight narrower chassis and shorter cage

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > amsa rules change