IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
DAD (Offline)
  #221 12/12/13 5:04 PM
Phil

The race manual's are on line http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28 I did not check to see if they were up or not.

Honest Dad himself
TQ29m (Offline)
  #222 12/12/13 5:07 PM
Same goes for Yamaha, anything with a YEC part number is factory racing stuff, and expensive. JMHO, but if it is a problem, I think I'd allow the dry sump system, not make it manditory, but not dis-allow it either. Some guys may be able to do it themselves, and save more money yet, and some may not know that it could be the answer to a load of broken motors, and keep them running the series. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
DAD (Offline)
  #223 12/13/13 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
Same goes for Yamaha, anything with a YEC part number is factory racing stuff, and expensive. JMHO, but if it is a problem, I think I'd allow the dry sump system, not make it manditory, but not dis-allow it either. Some guys may be able to do it themselves, and save more money yet, and some may not know that it could be the answer to a load of broken motors, and keep them running the series. Bob
Bob

The "Kawasaki Racing" head gasket is much cheaper than the stock head gasket and they give you a choice of thickness also.

Honest Dad himself
TQ29m (Offline)
  #224 12/13/13 2:12 PM
I was refering to the "hard parts" like cams, $1800.00 ea, titainium rods, "$unobtainium", but available, not sure the average Joe could buy them, but they are available if you know the right people, and of course, money talks, not very loud, but it does. I know of some right now, from a Yamaha race Team, that are spares, but I don't need, or want them, I don't need them, I've yet had any trouble with what came used in a bike motor. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
DAD (Offline)
  #225 12/13/13 2:36 PM
Bob

The kaw race cam is more like $180.00 but All it is is a stock cam that flunked ISO9000 test.

Honest Dad himself
Cadpro18 (Offline)
  #226 12/13/13 4:13 PM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Bob

The kaw race cam is more like $180.00 but All it is is a stock cam that flunked ISO9000 test.

Honest Dad himself
cams can't flunk ISO 9000
DAD (Offline)
  #227 12/13/13 4:23 PM
Ok----- they was a little too fat in the flanks. Probably worn grinding wheel.

Had Kaw let them go would Kaw have flunked the ISO9000 certification? Them guys that use a software program name for a handle are hard to get over on.

Honest Dad himself
Cadpro18 (Offline)
  #228 12/13/13 4:34 PM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Ok----- they was a little too fat in the flanks. Probably worn grinding wheel.

Had Kaw let them go would Kaw have flunked the ISO9000 certification? Them guys that use a software program name for a handle are hard to get over on.

Honest Dad himself
ISO 9000 certification doesn't guaranty 100% quality. We have a >1% reject rate and are still ISO certified.
DAD (Offline)
  #229 12/13/13 4:48 PM
Originally Posted by Cadpro18:
ISO 9000 certification doesn't guaranty 100% quality. We have a >1% reject rate and are still ISO certified.
When I was doing it Draftsmen set on tall stools and machinist counted numbers on a dial.

I guess it is for the better good but it sure takes a lot of extra people to do a job. But then I never seen a machinist move his hands that fast either.

Honest Dad himself
DAD (Offline)
  #230 12/13/13 5:56 PM
I was just corresponding with a guy, and he said he was getting rid of his motorcycle engine and switching to an automotive type. He said he races with the "IMRA" Illinois Midget Racing Association. So I go to their website http://imraracing.com/ . They been steeling my ideas all along. They are like that perfect country western song. They add just about enough rules for anyone wanting to race small midget size race cars on the cheap to do so, and enjoy themselves in the process.

A breath of fresh air in a smoke filled room.

I hope they do well, Wish they weren't so far away from us.

Honest Dad himself