IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Honest-Sam (Offline)
  #21 7/14/14 10:11 PM
Many, many GREAT memories. I'm very sad. Sorry to hear this. Godspeed!
Action Tracker (Offline)
  #22 7/14/14 10:17 PM
So very sad to learn of Gary's passing. His voice and commentary will always be associated with many of our favorite racing memories. The people are what keeps us coming back; Gary Lee was one of our guys.
Gregg (Offline)
  #23 7/14/14 10:29 PM
Way too young. Gary still had a lot left to give to our sport. RIP Gary. You will be missed.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #24 7/14/14 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by SprintManDave:
I always enjoyed it when Gary and Larry Rice would do the P.A. work at the H.A.R.F. meetings. Rest in peace Gary.
and the Vogler parties

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
big d (Offline)
  #25 7/14/14 11:14 PM
so sad to hear,,gary was a great guy,,just met him and got to know him in the last 5yrs and we became friends,,,he will be missed greatly ,,god speed my friend,,,,,don and Teresa td motorsports,,,,,,,,,
batch56 (Offline)
  #26 7/14/14 11:55 PM
The Gary and Larry shows were great.
miledirt (Offline)
  #27 7/15/14 5:56 AM
Originally Posted by batch56:
The Gary and Larry shows were great.
What a great champ car announcer he was. I met him at Vegas at an IRL race back in the 90's and swapped many good stories. May he rest in peace
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #28 7/15/14 6:56 AM
Sad news
aka Liz (Offline)
  #29 7/15/14 7:05 AM
So sorry to hear of Gary's passing - I can't think of the Thunder races without hearing the voices of Gary and Larry. A great time in racing for me, and wonderful memories. RIP Mr. Lee.
Danny Williams Sr. (Offline)
  #30 7/15/14 7:39 AM
Sad to hear Gary is gone.

This 4th. of July at Winchester Speedway Gary was there to be the MC for the new historical plaque noting 100 years of racing at Winchester. After the ceremony we gathered in the hospitality room and Gary told several stories about his time as drum major for Howe High School and he had a great time directing & singing along with the barber shop quartet that was there for the days racing pre-race festivities. He was always having a good time no matter where he was.
2 Likes: Dblchkrs, fish