IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > National Open-WOO-Danger Wings Danger Danger
9/28/10, 8:02 PM   #1
National Open-WOO-Danger Wings Danger Danger
hoosierhillbilly

READ THIS POST AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT INVOLVES WINGS. IF YOU DON'T CARE FOR WINGS THEN GREAT. QUIT READING NOW. IF YOU ARE OPEN MINDED THEN ON WITH THE SHOW.

Anyone going to the National Open? I am going SAturday and am looking forward to it. I have always wanted to go Williams Grove and this opportunity came up. WIlliams Grove is one of those places on my racing bucket list. I think it should be a great experience.

9/28/10, 8:20 PM   #2
Re: National Open-WOO-Danger Wings Danger Dan
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

I drove the 500 miles from my home to Williams Grove back in 2008 and have the photos to prove it!:http://www.apexonephoto.com/410-and-...rints-Williams

After playing the Ratbag WoO game on PS2 for years I had to go myself. After driving 9 hours, it really looked kinda iffy if they would race. The weather held, although it did snow the next night on my way to Hagerstown.

A view from the backstretch bridge.

If you are gonna see wings, you might as well go to the home of the Posse. Dress warm and enjoy.

9/28/10, 8:21 PM   #3
racephoto1

Go to Beer Hill and also order the french fries. The fries are great. Soak up the atmosphere, that place just oozes history. I'm not a huge wing fan as everyone knows, but it is worth it to watch them run at the Grove.

Also, if you can find it , buy some Birch Beer.It's like root beer, only better.

9/28/10, 8:38 PM   #4
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

wish i could go maybe next year. 8 hours is a long drive though.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/28/10, 8:41 PM   #5
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
READ THIS POST AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT INVOLVES WINGS. IF YOU DON'T CARE FOR WINGS THEN GREAT. QUIT READING NOW. IF YOU ARE OPEN MINDED THEN ON WITH THE SHOW.

Anyone going to the National Open? I am going SAturday and am looking forward to it. I have always wanted to go Williams Grove and this opportunity came up. WIlliams Grove is one of those places on my racing bucket list. I think it should be a great experience.
Make sure you stop at the Eastern Sprint Car Museum it is well worth your time. Like every race track we have ran the fans there are top notch.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

9/28/10, 9:57 PM   #6
Gee2

you got room in your trunk? I mapquested it today and it was 8 hours away from Indy... wish it was closer cause I LOVE THE WINGS BABY.... wish wings would come back to Indiana like it was in the early 90's and like it is in every state but ours....

9/28/10, 10:37 PM   #7
Pine

I'll be there this year.Taking the motorhome up Wednesday at noon.

This is a race that should be on every wing fans must see list. Lots of pre-race activities in the parking lot.

Starting at about 11;00 Saturday, there's a chili cook off and silent auction on racing memorabilia. Two years ago the cook off raised over 10,000 dollars, with proceeds going to the first three POSSE non qualifier's, Kevin Gobrecht Scholarship Fund, York County Racing Injured Driver's Fund, Billy Kimmel Scholarship Fund and more ...

A Pig Roast with the proceeds going to Grove regular John Westbrook paralyzed two years ago at the Grove and I believe some of that money goes to the York County Racing Clubs Injured Drivers Fund as well ...

This year I believe there's going to be a chicken dinner sale, not sure where them proceeds are being donated....

Cornhole Tournament, proceeds being donated...

And for chits and giggles, at HIGH NOON The 20th Annual keg kickball game between Maryland's craziest and the Posse' craziest. This is always fun to watch...

Then after all that...you get to see probably the biggest rivalry in all of sprint car racing. Can the Posse make it 9 in a row on home turf. Will Donny take home the 50,000 dollar check, will there be an upset....NO ONE KNOWS...I do know one thing though, On Saturday night when they get the one to go for the A Main and their rolling slowly, down the backstretch, towards turn three and Bruce Ellis starts his "Ladies and Gentleman...its Showtime.... at Williams...Grove Speedway", Whether your an Outlaw fan or Posse fan your heart will be pounding and you will be able to cut the tension with a knife...That's a promise....

GO POSSE...

9/28/10, 11:24 PM   #8
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Pine that's IF YOU GO IN

1 member likes this post: Dns_Miller
9/29/10, 1:00 AM   #9
Hawker

The Open is definitely on my "bucket list"...

9/29/10, 6:33 AM   #10
motorhead748

I go every year. I took a vacation day friday and will make it a nice motorcycle ride thru the hills of west virginia. Go to therace friday, then to the swap meet at carlisle saturday morn and then back to the grove saturday nite.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee2 View Post
you got room in your trunk? I mapquested it today and it was 8 hours away from Indy... wish it was closer cause I LOVE THE WINGS BABY.... wish wings would come back to Indiana like it was in the early 90's and like it is in every state but ours....
Do you know why indiana promoters like to run non-wing? Because it is percieved they can pay less.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > National Open-WOO-Danger Wings Danger Danger