IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo April 11th and 12th
4/1/14, 1:17 PM   #1
Kokomo April 11th and 12th
Daboy

I am looking at making the trip from Sioux Falls, SD to Kokomo (Where I have never been) for the weekend of April 11th and 12th. It will be my first time seeing the Midgets since the 2nd to last year they were at Knoxville. My question is for those in the know, where is a good place to stay as close to the track as possible?

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
4/1/14, 1:27 PM   #2
Re: Kokomo April 11th and 12th
scottfor410

Several hotels in Kokomo. I would look on Trip Advisor website for reviews. I stayed in a Comfort Inn there several years ago. Clean and reasonable back then.

4/1/14, 1:30 PM   #3
racing2bwithu2

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 63

Look on Kokomo website. It has places to stay , an mention you saw there add on the site an they give you a little discount.

1 member likes this post: Daboy
4/1/14, 4:08 PM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daboy View Post
My question is for those in the know, where is a good place to stay as close to the track as possible?
For as close to the track as possible,I would recommend bringing a camper and staying in the motorhome camping area. You'd be within a couple hundred feet of the track if you get there early and get as close as possible.

Hoping for good weather this year. This race has been high on the cant miss list since they announced it last yr. Unfortunately the weather didnt co-operate last yr for it.

1 member likes this post: Daboy
4/1/14, 4:45 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

I live in Kokomo let me know if I can help you.

1 member likes this post: fish
4/1/14, 6:00 PM   #6
Daboy

Andrew I have a camper but not taking it for this trip. The Comfort Inn on Essex don't look bad and is pretty close.

4/1/14, 7:03 PM   #7
johnnythunderhead
Banned

hoping the midgets don't let us down/ they bring 200 of em to indoor shows with teeny tracks, so here's a rare opportunity given by kokomo speedway promoters to bring em out of the mothballs and jump-start a lost tradition of midget racing in Indiana/ maybe by next year all of the Indiana tracks 'll be runin em from time to time/ I for one think they are the best when ya can get em to come out and play!

3 members like this post: mc/rider, speed bump, team3521
4/1/14, 8:44 PM   #8
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I switched to the Comfort Inn in the fall of 2012 and haven't stayed anywhere else since. I was just there last Friday and was glad to see that they have new lamps which allow you to plug your electronics into the base. That solves the one problem I used to have with few plugins in the wall. I recommend it. Many fans and some racers stay there, so you may see a car being worked on in the parking lot. Very friendly staff. Although I don't think that Kokomo is especially fertile ground for dining, there are several places close, including the Half Moon Restaurant Brewery, sponsor of Josh Spencer's sprint car. Support those car sponsors and be sure to tell them that you are there because they sponsor the car.

4/2/14, 5:54 AM   #9
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daboy View Post
The Comfort Inn on Essex don't look bad and is pretty close.
Well thats not quite as close as the parking lot is to the track!

You might as well call up City Wide Insulation and ask if "Todd Todd the Insulation God" wants to come to Indiana for some midget racing,although I understand he doesnt get out of Tea much anymore.

Its still early,and the racing hasnt started out that way yet,so you think Jody Rosenboom will come out for a go with his midget?

4/2/14, 11:00 AM   #10
Ty

Can't wait for next week. Hopefully the weather is nice. Riding out with Alex Bright and his Grandpa

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, johnnythunderhead
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo April 11th and 12th