IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on Kokomo tonight
8/23/18, 12:48 AM   #1
Thoughts on Kokomo tonight
OutlawFan
Banned

Couldn’t say no to a free sprint car rac, took the wife and kids to watch. Not the most exciting night of racing I think. Windom led from start to finish and not much passing this night. Haven’t had the best experiences lately. Can’t complain too much though since I paid $0.00 to watch 54 cars. Didn’t get home until 12:45 on a week day so that kind of sucked Overall give it a 4/10 hope to have a better experience when I go this Saturday

1 member likes this post: Sprint63122
8/23/18, 2:36 AM   #2
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Seems to me we had a very similar inaugural post from a member with a very similar user name within the past few months, wonder if it’s merely a coincidence.

8/23/18, 8:22 AM   #3
Re: Thoughts on Kokomo tonight
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Ballou 9th to 2nd in his heat, Cottle from the tail of both C and B to the transfers?

Someone don't know how to watch racing. I also didn't think it was the best racing at Kokomo, but even just watching speedshift I'd give it a 7.5 of 10.

Thanks Kokomo, see ya Sat!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/23/18 at 8:23 AM.

8/23/18, 9:20 AM   #4
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

A night of 54 Wingless Sprints racing for free and you give it a below average rating? Heck I'd be over the moon just to see that number of cars hot lap for free!

8/23/18, 9:27 AM   #5
D.N.3

Fun night of racing and all for free. C and B were excellent, watching Carson Short coming from 19th to 2nd in the C and 15th to 2nd the B. Nice job to the track crew for getting the track in tip top shape after so much rain. Looking forward to next 3 nights.

8/23/18, 10:03 AM   #6
kennyb

Carson Short actually finished P1 in the C after starting 15th.

8/23/18, 10:10 AM   #7
BrentTFunk

I thought Cap Henry did pretty good after he got some laps in. I thought it was cool that he tried it. As good as he has been running, he probably had more to lose than to gain. Everyone sitting around us liked the racing, but maybe we just don't know what we are watching.

8/23/18, 10:10 AM   #8
kennyb

Did you not watch the C and B main? No passing? Carson Short started P15 in the C and won it to tag the tail of the B. Started P19 in the B and finished 2nd. He started 19th in the A and finished 12th. I would say there was some passing!

8/23/18, 10:39 AM   #9
Ty

The B main was worth a $20 admission. Watching Cshort, McDougal, DiMattia, and a few others battle for the last transfer was incredible. McDougal is worth the price of admission just in itself. Kid is fun to watch

8/23/18, 11:58 AM   #10
Blackduce

Last night was pretty good racing. But what I enjoyed the most, was how lucky we are to have this track in Indiana. I sat and was amazed how the Oconners have turned this place into a beautiful race track. It was a perfect nite and just the site of races and waiting for the next race. You have to marvel this track now. I did not see one thing all night that was a negative. They had the over flowed parking lots layer out so many good sites of people partying and lots of laughing.I don't know if we know how lucky we are.

Lynn

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on Kokomo tonight