IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Arca!
10/13/08, 2:06 AM   #11
Re: Arca!
LocalYokel

also some big ups! to USAC regional midget series driver Parker Klingerman who's been rackin up the top 10's in his first few ARCA starts!

10/13/08, 2:34 AM   #12
cecil98

didn't know ARCA had an openwheel series :confused:

10/13/08, 7:04 AM   #13
LocalYokel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
didn't know ARCA had an openwheel series :confused:
they actually used to have a midget division, but I know that wasn't what you were asking.

For whatever it may be worth, I'd much rather watch a short track race at Toledo featuring some great former sprintcar and midget drivers, then watch a bunch of South Americans race at 16th and Georgetown....

{admin edit}

10/13/08, 10:25 AM   #14
TQ29m

I can't sit on this any longer! My racing background goes back a lotta years, and I helped a local team, Moenning Brother's Racing, that were very competitive back in the 70's, one went on to be a Busch crew chief, Mark Martin, Frank Kimmel and several other drove for them, and they did well, several Championships as I recall, but a lot of good racin. Last week, at "Dega", other than some tire issues, I thought was a pretty good race, but Sunday, at Toledo, NOT. I don't know if it's the Energy Drinks, or maybe they're gonna have to start checking for steroids, but Stenhouse was totally outa control, he shoulda been parked, before he even slid into the car. I've developed a half way decent approach to watching this type of racing? Just about the time the National Anthem ends, you should be soundly asleep, and if your lucky, you'll wake up for about the last 20 laps, and see a real good race, which, in my humble opinion, was what happened Sunday, the cars that finished, looked like they had been on a different race track. I can't believe, someone who has driven a "real" open wheel car, could act that way, it was more like a demo derby, for the first 50 laps. Maybe they should all use Saturns, less debris to clean up. Bob

10/13/08, 6:35 PM   #15
oakhurst

As long as we are talking about open wheel graduates running in ARCA, lets not forget Seattle, WA sprint car shoe Tayler Malsam. Tayler has parlayed ARCA success into a Truck series ride for next season.:checkered:
Last edited by oakhurst; 10/14/08 at 4:35 PM. Reason: spelling

10/13/08, 6:39 PM   #16
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Look at all the dirt racing that was represented

Justin Allgaier
Stenhouse
Sheltra
Hessert
Malsam
Schrader...sometimes

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Arca!