IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier updates?
6/4/10, 10:13 PM   #11
LittleRube

8 lap sprint feature...pushed out midgets that's about it
Posted via Mobile Device

6/4/10, 10:19 PM   #12
Re: Montpelier updates?
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

And I need a new door and fenderI really need to drink more

6/4/10, 10:28 PM   #13
NIMEE79

what has gurley done wrong for so many of you to sour his attempt to improve sprintcar and midget racing ?
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post:
6/4/10, 10:42 PM   #14
BrianBSU23

The crew at Montpelier did a great job preparing the track surface and facility for the series. It was tacky and smooth. I wish the track would look at scheduling some sprint car races on selective dates.

They had 20ish midgets including a few 1000CC Mini sprints that race on the track with another series. Matt Westfall was the only double duty driver. Other notables I remember off hand were Brett Beachamp and John Heydenreich

In sprints, some of the Gas City drivers were Westfall, Welpott, Ott, Frederickson, and Meseraull in the Hazen 57. It started raining pretty good during the feature and they checkered flagged it.

I have no idea with Gurley and payments etc... It didn't seem like they were trying to take an intermission before the sprint feature. They were frantically calling the sprints to the chutes for 20-30 minutes until finally someone came to get started.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
6/4/10, 10:42 PM   #15
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

I know T Mez reads this board.... I would like to hear what the racers at the track tonight have to say.....I was not there so I make no judgement....

CONGRATS T MEZ......x2

1 member likes this post: buck2
6/4/10, 11:25 PM   #16
richie

*SPRINT RESULTS*

1st Heat:
1. 57 Thomas Meseraull
2. 10a Aric Gentry
3. wee3 J.T. Stapp
4. 82 Mike Miller
5. 41 Steve Ott
6. 48 Greg Wheeler

2nd Heat:
1. 58 Jamie Fredrickson
2. 28 Wil Nedderman
3. 18 Travis Welpott
4. 54 Matt Westfall
5. 14 Aaron Fry
6. 57r Danny Williams, Jr.
7. 1 Dave Gross

Feature:
1. 57 Thomas Meseraull
2. 58 Jamie Fredrickson
3. 41 Steve Ott
4. 28 Wil Nedderman
5. 54 Matt Westfall
6. 10a Aric Gentry
7. wee3 J.T. Stapp
8. 1 Dave Gross

25-lap feature was cut to 15 laps and then was cut to 8. Race was run in a monsoon. Several cars pulled off and most of the crowd left for their cars. Disappointing car count, but track was in very good condition until the rains came in the feature.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

*MIDGET RESULTS*

1st Heat:
1. 10 Brent Beauchamp
2. 57r John Heydenreich
3. 1x Scott Bradley
4. 74 Lynsey Tilton
5. 51 J.D. Parker
6. 25 Colin Parker
7. 4k Kevin Roberts, Sr.
8. 3 Rich Drangmeister

2nd Heat:
1. 21k Kurt Mayhew
2. 36 Collin Ambrose
3. 33a Steve Arnold
4. 47 Gary Loney
5. 4p Gary Bradley
6. 4j Greg Miller
7. 43 Bobby Jackson

3rd Heat:
1. 14 Matt Westfall
2. 39 Levi Roberts
3. 86 Andy Bradley
4. 1 Lynn Ambrose
5. 22r Kevin Roberts, Jr.
6. 10k Geoff Kaiser
7. 31 Buddy Lowther
8. 4r Nick Roberts

Feature:
Rained Out

They tried rushing the feature out after the sprint feature concluded, but several drivers pulled off and gave the thumbs down to the flagman that the track was not raceable. About 10 seconds after they threw the red, all hell broke loose and it was a mad scramble to the car for the fans. The weather was kind of frightening for about 20 minutes. Very high winds, heavy rain, and lightning everywhere.
Last edited by richie; 6/5/10 at 12:15 AM.

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, IndyBound
6/4/10, 11:37 PM   #17
highvista

Observations:
The track was in good shape, but they should have started working it in sooner. The first Heat pushed off at 8:15, 45 minutes after the scheduled 7:30 start time.

Even after the track was ready and the opening ceremonies concluded, there was nothing lined up and no urgency, even with bad weather looming. This happened again following the Heats - nothing was ready and 15-20 minutes of down time occurred.

Seems that every race (except the Mods) took several laps to line up and finally get the 1 to go signal. Even the Sprint Feature, with lightning in the background and sprinkles starting to fall, took several laps before the flagman gave them 1 to go.

Anaylisis:
IF the show started on time and IF the races were lined up and ready to go in a timely manner, this entire program would have been completed before the rain came, barring an unforeseen incident of course.
Not sure who to blame for this, but it's disappointing to everyone involved.

JC

3 members like this post: buck2, D.O., spicoli
6/5/10, 12:04 AM   #18
lovindirt

Nimme where were you tonight and the rest of you, could of used you guys. This really hurt man. Jeff

High five to 58 Fredrickson on his finish, that was a steel block heat race win and a strong second in feature. Great job, Jamie!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by lovindirt; 6/5/10 at 12:09 AM.

6/5/10, 1:00 AM   #19
Midget18

I will give my observations of tonight....

The track was really good and was fast. It took awhile to get it into shape to race. I think hot laps started around 7:30pm.

There were about 10 midgets and around 14 mini sprints for a total of 24 midgets. I give props to Gurly for allowing everyone to run the feature.

Before features it was announced that the midgets purse would be cut to 600 to win, 150 to start, reasoning was not enough people in the stands.

I never got a super good look, but it seemed like there was a decent group in the stands for a friday night and weather in the area.

The Midget feature was pushed off in the rain, and soon called. All midget drivers got a check for $200 and that was the night. Ended with a bunch of rain and everyone was super wet.

6/5/10, 1:05 AM   #20
Duane Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvista View Post
Observations:
The track was in good shape, but they should have started working it in sooner. The first Heat pushed off at 8:15, 45 minutes after the scheduled 7:30 start time.

Even after the track was ready and the opening ceremonies concluded, there was nothing lined up and no urgency, even with bad weather looming. This happened again following the Heats - nothing was ready and 15-20 minutes of down time occurred.

Seems that every race (except the Mods) took several laps to line up and finally get the 1 to go signal. Even the Sprint Feature, with lightning in the background and sprinkles starting to fall, took several laps before the flagman gave them 1 to go.

Anaylisis:
IF the show started on time and IF the races were lined up and ready to go in a timely manner, this entire program would have been completed before the rain came, barring an unforeseen incident of course.
Not sure who to blame for this, but it's disappointing to everyone involved.

JC
Jeff your right one.....

YES a true waste of a half a tank of gas and $30....I will say, the track was in excellent shape, once it was ready, and the 8 lap A Main was awesome seeing T-Mez and Ott run those things in totally sideways... No one knew what was going on...They ran the sprints in the rain 8 laps, why not the 15 or 25? If your already running in rain? It let up as the checkered fell, then pushed, then rained more after they messed around deciding where to bring cars out pf what....An 8 lap A Main, for real....As fast as the laps was passing, the cut back to 15 would have been done in the amount of time they talked about bringin more cars out for another A. How can it be good enough for another A but, short change the 1st one???No chalk board, an official in the infield that carried 2 flags around, just to look important and do nothing. An a main lined up, they couldnt get right on the track, by the flagman, or the so called infield official. I have been to many many shows, and give people benefits of the doubt many times, but this group has alot and i mean a lot of improving to do. Also love the announcer saying how people have tried shutting them down already and they dont need big teams, big haulers, new tires for heats , and so on and was bragging how its for the lower teams like the 10 sprint car, and here comes the 10 car with a brand new sticker tire on for his heat, priceless!!! Why air differences over the PA? Dont worry, no one will shut you down, your doing an excellent job of it yourself after tonight and other events that have been posted on here....
Last edited by Duane Hancock; 6/5/10 at 1:06 AM.

1 member likes this post: bpa94
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier updates?