Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #1 1/10/19 3:42 PM
http://tjslideways.com/2019/01/10/sh...t-waynesfield/

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, motorhead748, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #2 1/10/19 8:22 PM
Just listened to Helms on a radio program.He said the Hewitt classic would probably be on July 3rd.Also the winged Fast series on the program also.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
2 Likes: stealth43k, Will Shunk
Kinser11 (Offline)
  #3 1/10/19 8:54 PM
I think this is a much better direction for the track. The Helms Family are great people in my opinion. And I like the at Least 4 events.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #4 1/10/19 9:22 PM
Probably make the Hewitt, IDK haven't seen many schedules yet.

Hoping some of the guys that like and raced NW there will consider Burg. Not a overly aggressive schedule and a easy trip on a saturday.

I thought they had a pretty solid weekly following although the NW dropped the last few years a bit. Understand Mr. Shobe scalling back, talked with him a couple times.

Charles Nungester
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #5 1/10/19 9:28 PM
Always have a good time there. The racing is great. Will be excited to see the dates they choose.
Will Shunk (Offline)
  #6 1/10/19 10:22 PM
First and foremost I want to give my sincere Thank You to Greg and Tami Shobe. Hanging around the Shobes, their family members, track officials, race teams, and our close knit photographers for going on 10 years, I can say I was always treated like family though I live 110 miles from the track. As fans, we need to stop and appreciate what it takes to grind out a weekly raceway. The commitment of time, money, stress, and constant second guessing simply wears people out. Not shuttering the track altogether shows just how much the track and the track's family mean to the Shobe's. I am confident the new partnership with Shane Helms will be double checkers for all involved in 2019!
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, dkdorkboy, erich45, i love dirt track racing, Kinser11, PIT CART, PJ Wright, TNRustler, WinglessLovers
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #7 1/11/19 8:58 AM
Originally Posted by Will Shunk:
As fans, we need to stop and appreciate what it takes to grind out a weekly raceway. The commitment of time, money, stress, and constant second guessing simply wears people out.
IMO, that is one of the best posts I've read in a long time. Spot on!

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, Kinser11, PIT CART