IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What happened to Bell?
6/24/14, 5:33 PM   #11
Re: What happened to Bell?
Honest-Sam

Many thanks to Darryl for his response. No substitute for hearing it strait from the man himself. 'Everyone' keeps saying that 6R/Darryl is done, but, to his credit, he keeps hanging on. And, in the process, helps lots of drivers. I keep seeing Jet Star driving suits everywhere I look. Maybe Darryl is today's J.W. Hunt.........

4 members like this post: apexonephoto, bighd0522, koolaid89, racephoto1
6/24/14, 6:37 PM   #12
dirtfan98

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 5

Put Jerry coons in it!!! U can always count on your equipment coming back in one piece and a consistent up from driver! Jmo

6/24/14, 7:25 PM   #13
Kellen Conover

I believe Mr. Hillenburgs title is Silver Crown Series Coordinator, I would assume that getting the information out to the teams on all things related to the series would fall under that title. Also, he is a USAC employee, so saying he is doing a great job but USAC is failing the series doesn't really make sense to me. Let me be clear, I'm not saying Andy is doing a bad job. I've talked to him on the phone, he's a nice guy with good intentions. But from my perspective, there are a lot more issues plaguing the series that USAC/Andy can't rectify than what they can. Theres no magic bullet, it's going to take time on everyones part. Mr. Hillenburg is 4 races into his tenure and the series seems to be holding steady so hopefully that bodes well for the future.

2 members like this post: Kansasdirtfan, koolaid89
6/24/14, 7:53 PM   #14
leary30

C. J. LEARY will be at Memphis

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, dirtnonwingfan
6/25/14, 2:24 AM   #15
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty tracks View Post
Put the Madman in the car and watch it run up front!!!
The madman would do a great job and he would make it a fun race to watch.

1 member likes this post: Task Force
6/25/14, 7:47 AM   #16
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
The madman would do a great job and he would make it a fun race to watch.
If I remember right, first time on a mile he didn't even make one lap.Stuff it into the third turn wall..

6/25/14, 8:14 AM   #17
usac99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
If I remember right, first time on a mile he didn't even make one lap.Stuff it into the third turn wall..
wrong!! first time on a mile was Duquin, he was running 3td and lap 68 tagged the 3td turn wall. And if you were there that nite the groove was on the fence.

6/25/14, 9:01 AM   #18
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by usac99 View Post
wrong!! first time on a mile was Duquin, he was running 3td and lap 68 tagged the 3td turn wall. And if you were there that nite the groove was on the fence.
So your saying he can't keep it out of the third turn wall? lol

6/25/14, 12:26 PM   #19
JHillRacing

So this thread about a driver quitting a team turned into one bashing on the Silver Crown series, again. I don't see a need for the negativity, Chris has only one 10th place finish this year in the series, that is probably the reason for his lack of interest when he can get in a KKM car and win any night of the week. The uncertainty of the purse I am sure has no effect, the SC series pays better consistently than all sprintcar series except the WoO or a premier event. Regardless if it is 8k to win or 10k to win a young racer wants to win. Darrell has fielded a car for many years and won a lot of races but for some reason this duo did not seem to click, I think that is the problem here, as it is with numerous sprintcar and midget teams throughout the year for lots of drivers.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Kellen Conover, Seadog
6/25/14, 1:34 PM   #20
team3521

Here's an idea.... Put Brian back in the 6r. This weekend at Memphis! He'll be in the top 5 at the end...guaranteed!

3 members like this post: kruser, racephoto1, Seadog
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What happened to Bell?