IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D2 STRONG all season long
4/17/16, 5:40 PM   #1
zeromotorsports

24 cars at Lincoln friday
18 cars at Spoon river Saturday

Good start to an opening weekend.
Several cars are still not finished. Car counts will deff grow in the next month. Thanks for everyone's support.
This was a very fun weekend.

4/17/16, 5:46 PM   #2
Re: D2 STRONG all season long
TheSheriff

How many cars at U.S. 24 Speedway?

4/17/16, 7:13 PM   #3
Quantrill

Pretty impressive start for D2 poweri and IMRA-USAC. Looking forward to good things for this class.

4/17/16, 8:04 PM   #4
Avon Open Wheel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSheriff View Post
How many cars at U.S. 24 Speedway?
The Sheriff,

I am not going to make up false numbers I have nothing to hide. We had 5 cars show up last night and even though it would have been nice to have more it was a great night of racing. The heat race and feature was won by a lightning sprint and we had 2.4L cars and a TQ. Competition level was very close and all 5 cars stayed together the entire night.

We took the purse and just divided it out equally so the winner got $200 plus the $50 dollar bonus for wining the heat race. The $200 included the $100 bonus that we received from an anonymous donor. 2nd place took home $150 which also included a $50 bonus from a sponsor. Then 3,4 and 5th place all took home $100 each. Think this should cover all your questions and I doubt you would find too many series where last place pays $100 no matter what the car turnout.

It is our intent to take care of the drivers and build up the car counts at each race.

www.illinimidgets.com

4/17/16, 9:23 PM   #5
Tom23

Jay, when we started running what has evolved into this D2 deal it was at a track even smaller than US24 and 4,6 and 8 car fields were the norm. It was a combo of chain cars, tqs, focus and whatever showed up. It took time and some stubborn people who just wanted to run these types of cars. We made no money, but had fun and it has evolved into some real good fieldswith excellent teams and drivers. Just keep digging good luck

4/17/16, 10:06 PM   #6
Avon Open Wheel fan

I am not giving up I knew going in this was an uphill snd long term deal to build up. We have very few of the 2.4L csrs around right now so it will take time to build and we are relying more on the chsin drive and TQs which put on some great racing last night. It proves that these cars can race together. We are takng things at baby steps one race at a time. Have nothing to hide and we will openly share what is going on.

www.illinimidgets.com

5 members like this post: Backitin, DAD, DaGuy, DirtHawk92, R.Drang
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > D2 STRONG all season long