IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This scares me.
7/28/09, 9:30 PM   #11
Re: This scares me.
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
John, I understand your concern as well as Mowermans,however I will be at TSS this Saturday, which is way out of your 'area' of travel.If I didn't have plans for TSS this weekend,I would give LPS/ Joe Spiker the benefit of the doubt and attend the clash, with what he has done at VCS this year hopefully LPS has and will continue to improve.JMO
Not really out of my 'area' of travel but I sure dont make it to as many there as you or Jerry. I'll probably make it to another one there before the year is out. But if I think I can see a good race and travel an hour or so less it makes the decision easier. I still may try out Put this week, I know I will find AQ sitting up in the upper grandstand.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/28/09, 9:46 PM   #12
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Not really out of my 'area' of travel but I sure dont make it to as many there as you or Jerry. I'll probably make it to another one there before the year is out. But if I think I can see a good race and travel an hour or so less it makes the decision easier. I still may try out Put this week, I know I will find AQ sitting up in the upper grandstand.
Atta boy John, proud of you,as for including me in the same sentence as Jerry well,

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

7/28/09, 9:58 PM   #13
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

If Putnamville is running next week I'll most likely give it a try.How can D.A. HIDE IN THE WEEDS, IF THEY ARE TRIMMED

7/28/09, 10:08 PM   #14
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
If Putnamville is running next week I'll most likely give it a try.How can D.A. HIDE IN THE WEEDS, IF THEY ARE TRIMMED
A snake is a snake aero, whether the weeds are trimmed or not, at your young age you should know this.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

7/28/09, 10:30 PM   #15
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
A snake is a snake aero, whether the weeds are trimmed or not, at your young age you should know this.
At Least this snake will only get a quarter of a % of my pay not forty % like the snakes in DC

7/28/09, 11:33 PM   #16
JEFFSTOY

Amen brother

7/29/09, 8:05 AM   #17
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOFOBROKE View Post
I understand your position, but it is a lease with the option to buy....With that being said, everyone that shows up is putting their money toward Spiker being able to purchase the track....If you stay away you are keeping him from affording it, therefore you are not hurting Dave Allison, you are hurting Joe Spiker.....
That's how I'm looking at it. I have not been back in about 4 years. After the last bad experience I swore that I wouldn't go back and I have stuck to that. The NST still wheel packing at 11pm on a weeknight ended it for me. First time I have ever paid and gone home without seeing a race where there was no rain involved. DA is going to profit if the track is sold anyway. Doesn't matter who buys it. I'd like to see someone buy it that cares. I think we can see the "new" group does.

7/29/09, 10:59 AM   #18
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I still may try out Put this week, I know I will find AQ sitting up in the upper grandstand.

Yeah I'll be there if the weather is good. I'd like to go to Haubstadt,but with my work schedule,it is tough to do that and arrive at work just in time to go to work. I've had a pretty sleepless summer so far this season anyhow,so its nice to have a track to go to just down the road.

I've been going to Putnamville the last few yrs on many Saturday nights anyways. Usually its not my firsct choice,and I havent liked the past DA happenings any more than anyone else did. Work often dictated where I went on Saturday nights,and I moved to Indiana to watch sprintcars,so thats where I have gone.

Also,I reasoned that if the place closed,would we be any better off by not having that choice to go watch races there??

So I hope to see Hoover,and Bob & Monica there this Saturday night as well. Come check the place out,and see what improvements have been made. Besides that,I'll have someone to chat with when they run the other divisions. (And Jade will get a couple doggy biscuits as well!)

7/29/09, 11:14 AM   #19
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

For those of you that are going, some pictures of the improvements would be nice for us folks that cant make it (stuck in the gulf of mexico) or are going elsewhere. I would love to see what all the improvements made thus far.

7/29/09, 11:17 AM   #20
racefan20

I think Bob and Monica are going to the 'burg. They want us to be guinea pigs to make sure DA is nowhere in sight before they return. :2: So skip the doggy biscuits, i dont think I would find them too tasty
PS the weather forecast looks fantastic!!

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This scares me.