Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars in Ky
7/28/09, 11:14 PM   #21
Re: Indycars in Ky
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
What?

If I based everything on a first experience I would have stopped going to lawrenceburg long time ago. I remember when you had to use the restroom in a drain at lawrenceburg. I have not stopped going. Always has to be somebody negative in the crowd I guess. I have yet to hear Boogity crap at a Indy car race.
If you will notice my reply was to Marv. However, since you bring it up, sorry that you had a bad experience at Lawrenceburg. Glad that it didn't stop you from going back. Please don't take my comments as being totally negative. I really enjoyed the cookout that we had on Interstate 71. Met a lot of nice people and got to be part of a historical moment.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
Uh, I guess you did not read the title of this thread
If I read the title correctly, it is Indycars in Ky. So what is your point?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/29/09, 12:08 AM   #22
usacgirl

Who cares about indycar....or cart as they should be called...indycar has gone by the wayside ever since the usac and other short track guys got ran off....i mean really!...who wants to watch a bunch of rich weekend racers wine and complain?

1 member likes this post: Bruce Harrison
7/29/09, 1:00 AM   #23
BuckeyeBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by usacgirl View Post
Who cares about indycar....or cart as they should be called...indycar has gone by the wayside ever since the usac and other short track guys got ran off....i mean really!...who wants to watch a bunch of rich weekend racers wine and complain?
Such a narrow mind, are there any true "RACE" fans out there...

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
7/29/09, 6:20 AM   #24
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyebullet View Post
such a narrow mind, are there any true "race" fans out there...

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

Quote:
In my case going to the race at KY does not cost me a penny and i have all access. I enjoy the racing a great deal. Personally I dont care if its USAC or whoever if they are running 220 mph side by side it is well worth my time.

7/29/09, 7:42 AM   #25
hoosierhillbilly

I went last year because the track sent a buy one-get one free offer. Unfortunately, I did not get one this year. Anyway, last years race was quick. I think it was finished in less then 2 hours. We did not stay for the lights race since we had not eaten dinner. The biggest problem we had was getting into the track. There was not enough lines open for entry and they were checking bags. WE got in our seats on the pace laps. I would recommend getting there early to avoid this.

7/29/09, 7:54 AM   #26
Jim Halpert

Quote:
I do!!!

7/29/09, 8:16 AM   #27
Seadog

Quote:
Since you asked - I do. It is a close second for me after USAC.

I guess everyone is entitled to your opinion.

Is Tony Kanaan one of those rich weekend racers? He quit school at age thirteen and had to go to work after his father died so his family would have money to eat. He swept floors in a kart factory just to be around racing. He worked hard and was handed nothing. He worked his way up.

So I guess there are no rich weekend racers in USAC? It sounds to me that you are the one doing the whining or is it wining as you said. Now if you are refering to the Andrettis, then you may have a valid point.

7/29/09, 8:20 AM   #28
bluegrassprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
I went last year because the track sent a buy one-get one free offer. Unfortunately, I did not get one this year. Anyway, last years race was quick. I think it was finished in less then 2 hours. We did not stay for the lights race since we had not eaten dinner. The biggest problem we had was getting into the track. There was not enough lines open for entry and they were checking bags. WE got in our seats on the pace laps. I would recommend getting there early to avoid this.
that has changed alot they have 3 gates to get in this year at least. shouldn't be much of a line now with multiple gates to get in sooner.

7/29/09, 8:49 AM   #29
Jim Halpert

Do you suppose there are forums out there where the people despise oval track racing as much as some of the people on here despise road and street racing? I would bet money on it. I love sprinters, midgets, silver crown, etc., but I can also find the road circuits in IndyCar exciting in their own way. I also love Formula One...and that seems to be considered blasphemy on this particular message board. Ovals are challenging in their own way, road and street circuits are challenging in their own way. You look at the most famous racing circuits in the world...and it's a mix. Indianapolis, Monaco, Daytona, Monza...which used to have an oval as well, Knoxville, Spa-Francorchamps...this list goes on forever. Why must everyone argue over which is better? I get on here to read threads with useful information and historical significance...and all I end up reading is a bunch of "you're wrong, I'm right! No, you're wrong, I'm right!" If all you want to do is argue with each other, give each other your phone numbers or meet somewhere and do it there...this is pathetic. I know this is a place to vent frustration...and well it should be...but do it about something that matters...not just puking out your opinions for the sake of pissing other people off. If it weren't for the updates on races that get posted on here I wouldn't even come to this site...but it is a very useful tool, and there are some decent people posting on here that get lost in the rubble of arguments. I realize I've just contradicted myself by adding fuel to the fire...but if someone likes a certain type of racing, and you don't...you don't have to call them an idiot or ask them why they would watch such a thing...you aren't going to change their mind. It's just like the radio...if you don't like the station, you change it. You don't call the station operator and ***** at them for having the audacity to like something that you don't. I'm not saying we should all get along...that's obviously unrealistic, but if you don't have a useful comment...don't comment at all.

7/29/09, 8:50 AM   #30
Re: Indy Cars in Ky
duel

i love the dirt but these IRL cars racing at over 210mph at night no less...well that's a sight to behold. don't complain when the open wheel super speedways are slowly removed from the IRL's schedule if you don't support them by going to the close ones. we lost Michigan and that was probably the best racing for the IRL i have ever witnessed. lots of my friends that live within 20 miles of MIS stayed home and now they can't believe after 40 years we lost the Indy Cars. The IRL is the top open wheel series in this country.
Randy Stull

1 member likes this post: Jim Halpert
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars in Ky