IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars in Ky
7/27/09, 12:08 PM   #1
Indycars in Ky
SPRINTCAR

Who's going. It's openwheel and they are from Indianapolis so I thought this would work here. You can scalp a ticket the night of the race before going in. I have bought them for $10 a piece and once you get in you can pretty much sit where you want to. They are definitely fast. Where can you get in for that price on a Saturday nite?

7/27/09, 12:30 PM   #2
Re: Indycars in Ky
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
Where can you get in for that price on a Saturday nite?
HARF, DARF, & BARC night at The 'Burg, which with membership gets you in for half price ($7.50 I believe). There you will see a show with race cars that look like race cars should look and with drivers you've heard of and care about. But, maybe that's just me. I know where I'll be.

2 members like this post: Dave Rudisell, Mud Packer
7/27/09, 12:36 PM   #3
throb

for those of you that have been there............can you see the whole track from the lower section of tickets, and how strict are they about pirating seats??? if i buy a seat in the lower section do they have security or anything that stops you from going higher in the stands?????? thinking about going down there, never been, but im really considering it......

7/27/09, 12:45 PM   #4
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
Who's going. It's openwheel and they are from Indianapolis so I thought this would work here. You can scalp a ticket the night of the race before going in. I have bought them for $10 a piece and once you get in you can pretty much sit where you want to. They are definitely fast. Where can you get in for that price on a Saturday nite?
I got comp (free) tix last year and am hoping for that this year (if my source comes through).

Be careful scalping, as I have seen three different people hauled off in a cop car for scalping down there.

It is a fun evening but is really hot there usually.

FIL race at 4 P.M. and ICS race at 8 P.M. We'll have a few of our people with Sarah Fisher and Ed Carpenter there.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by throb View Post
for those of you that have been there............can you see the whole track from the lower section of tickets, and how strict are they about pirating seats??? if i buy a seat in the lower section do they have security or anything that stops you from going higher in the stands?????? thinking about going down there, never been, but im really considering it......
Good sight lines no matter where you sit, but if it's hot, sit as close to the top as you can. No breeze at the lower sections. The top rows are pretty full usually.

Once the race starts, if you move up some rows, they don't normally say much.

If you mean scalping when you say pirating, I would advise against it. I've seen several arrested for scalping.

7/27/09, 2:22 PM   #5
Re: Indy Cars in Ky
duel

can you buy walk-up tickets the day of the event? we are looking into the 300+ mile drive this saturday to support the oval IRL. i was there for the 1st IRL race and you can see most everything. reminds of Chicagoland. anyone going should not miss the Indy Lights race at 5 or so.

7/27/09, 2:52 PM   #6
Re: Indy Cars in Ky
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
can you buy walk-up tickets the day of the event? we are looking into the 300+ mile drive this saturday to support the oval IRL. i was there for the 1st IRL race and you can see most everything. reminds of Chicagoland. anyone going should not miss the Indy Lights race at 5 or so.
Yes, you can buy the day of the show.

7/27/09, 2:52 PM   #7
throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
I got comp (free) tix last year and am hoping for that this year (if my source comes through).

Be careful scalping, as I have seen three different people hauled off in a cop car for scalping down there.

FIL race at 4 P.M. and ICS race at 8 P.M. We'll have a few of our people with Sarah Fisher and Ed Carpenter there.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Good sight lines no matter where you sit, but if it's hot, sit as close to the top as you can. No breeze at the lower sections. The top rows are pretty full usually.

If you mean scalping when you say pirating, I would advise against it. I've seen several arrested for scalping.
no i meant scamming into seats that you dont have tickets too.....i was going to buy the tix off of their website....

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote:
it says on the website that tickets are $5 more on raceday.......if you can buy online you can save a few bucks

7/27/09, 2:53 PM   #8
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post

I'm not scalping, just buying but we do know to not make this so public.

7/27/09, 3:00 PM   #9
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by throb View Post
I plan on being there.

It's well worth it. I have bought the lower level seats ($40.00) and sat in the upper rows. There are plenty of open area's to sit in, and they do not typically hassle you, or have ushers checking to make sure you are in your assigned seat. Not a bad seat in the house, even if you do sit in the first 10 rows.

And with very little effort you can recognize, remember and maybe even care about all of the drivers who put on what is usually a good race by "real" drivers. Some of the races have had a few cars that pull away; other years have been barn burners with a larger group of cars racing for the lead.

With the later starting time (for the Indy Cars), it should be a lot cooler (this hot/steamy July has been a killer), although I will not be able to make my dash to the 'burg to catch what remains of their night's events. Catching Florence features might be doable though.

Quote:
In the last few years (if the race day weather forecast is favorable) I have ordered tickets on-line the night before the race, and they will be held at the “Will Call” window for you. You'll avoid waiting in the “Walk-up” sales ticket lines.

7/27/09, 5:05 PM   #10
Jim Halpert

My sister lives down that way and my mom and I are traveling down to see her and catch the race. Went last year and it was a really good time...the Indy Lights race was exceptionally good last year. It's a nice facility, but you can't carry in anything at all which is kind of ridiculous. Really looking forward to it...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars in Ky