IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars in Ky
7/29/09, 11:53 AM   #31
Re: Indycars in Ky
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
If you will notice my reply was to Marv. However, since you bring it up, sorry that you had a bad experience at Lawrenceburg. Glad that it didn't stop you from going back. Please don't take my comments as being totally negative. I really enjoyed the cookout that we had on Interstate 71. Met a lot of nice people and got to be part of a historical moment.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

If I read the title correctly, it is Indycars in Ky. So what is your point?
All you good ole boys head on down to Kentucky Speedway and sit with ole DW and holler boggity, boggity, boggity all night long. Lawrenceburg here we come.

My point is what has ole DW and boggity boggity have to do with Indycars?

7/29/09, 1:09 PM   #32
OATP

I'm in! Fantastic track design. Can't wait until we see the Sprint Cup Series at KY Speedway.

7/29/09, 3:18 PM   #33
Tony Barhorst

I will say this...Sarah Fisher Racing has been doing a great job with their own team in this tough business. Kudos to Andy O'Gara and Sarah on building their own team. She has a nice website at http://www.sarahfisher.com/
Check out the Cincinnati Zoo PR photos.

Indy Car Racing is thrilling to watch at tracks like Kentucky and Chicagoland.

7/29/09, 3:40 PM   #34
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
All you good ole boys head on down to Kentucky Speedway and sit with ole DW and holler boggity, boggity, boggity all night long. Lawrenceburg here we come.

My point is what has ole DW and boggity boggity have to do with Indycars?
If you have been following along with the saga of the Kentucky Speedway for the past 12 years or so, you would know what ole DW has to do with that speedway. When Jerry Carroll and partners Dick Farmer, Dick Duchossois and John Lindahl first started "dreaming" of building a "NASCAR Winston Cup facility", they hired Darrell for design input and PR. It seemed a week didn't pass that I had some type of flyer or marketing type brochure from ole DW. DW was front and center with all of the big wigs during ground breaking ceremonies.

After the speedway was built, DW continued as the shill, or mouth as many say, who continued to promote this "grand" facility including the private Kentucky Club for high rollers. To honor DW, Carroll commissioned a statue to be done and the monument and the Darrell Waltrip walkway became part of the turn 3 area of the speedway.

So, my point is that ole DW has his fingerprints and butt prints plastered all over that speedway. Hopefully that with the new ownership of Bruton Smith, taking over later this year, maybe able to move forward and remove some of the NASCAR influence. Doubtful, but maybe it can happen. Till then, boggity, boggity, boggity.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/30/09, 11:43 AM   #35
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
Where can you get in for that price on a Saturday nite?
In retrospect, I now realize that this question was likely intended to be rhetorical in nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanonwingthing View Post
And with very little effort you can recognize, remember and maybe even care about all of the drivers who put on what is usually a good race by "real" drivers. Some of the races have had a few cars that pull away; other years have been barn burners with a larger group of cars racing for the lead.
When you're right, you're right......and kdub, you're right on this one. When I made the unfortunate choice to answer the question posed by SPRINTCAR, I should have left it at that,.........but NO.............I had to editorialize with my thoughts on the current vision of ICS. I attended the Indy 500 from '61 thru '03 (with numerous time trial and practice days), bought tickets to Milwaukee and Trenton (yep, I'm THAT old), saw lots of champ car racing on dirt when it was still a part of the "Championship Trail", and the first three IRL shows at Kentucky. I'm not suggesting for a second that this history makes my opinions any more valid than anyone else's. I do feel my Indy racing fan experience gives me license to have and express an opinion......................but not here on this thread. And for that, I apologize. :34;

Someone once said "I know I have the right to remain silent..............but I have neither the inclination nor the good sense to do so." Pretty well describes me and some of my posting efforts at times.

Go to support the racing of your choice, enjoy them and come back here to tell us of your experience.

7/30/09, 11:56 AM   #36
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
If you have been following along with the saga of the Kentucky Speedway for the past 12 years or so, you would know what ole DW has to do with that speedway. When Jerry Carroll and partners Dick Farmer, Dick Duchossois and John Lindahl first started "dreaming" of building a "NASCAR Winston Cup facility", they hired Darrell for design input and PR. It seemed a week didn't pass that I had some type of flyer or marketing type brochure from ole DW. DW was front and center with all of the big wigs during ground breaking ceremonies.

After the speedway was built, DW continued as the shill, or mouth as many say, who continued to promote this "grand" facility including the private Kentucky Club for high rollers. To honor DW, Carroll commissioned a statue to be done and the monument and the Darrell Waltrip walkway became part of the turn 3 area of the speedway.

So, my point is that ole DW has his fingerprints and butt prints plastered all over that speedway. Hopefully that with the new ownership of Bruton Smith, taking over later this year, maybe able to move forward and remove some of the NASCAR influence. Doubtful, but maybe it can happen. Till then, boggity, boggity, boggity.
I'm pretty sure DW had a contract with them to put his hype and "fingerprints" all over that track. Long story short, no more DW influence over there.

7/30/09, 12:05 PM   #37
Gregg

I'm going to the Larryburg, where the racers don't need a P2P button in order to pass enybody. Stanbrough would probably look at that button and shrug his shoulders.

For those going to Kentucky, enjoy yourselves. You know where I'll be.

7/30/09, 12:21 PM   #38
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Now if you are refering to the Andrettis, then you may have a valid point.
http://www.andrettiwinery.com/

7/30/09, 3:12 PM   #39
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
I'm pretty sure DW had a contract with them to put his hype and "fingerprints" all over that track. Long story short, no more DW influence over there.
Seadog,

I hope that you are right. I am sooooooooooooooooooooo tired of listening to him and brother Mikey spout their drivel. It would certainly be a blessing for all. I also hope that everyone who goes to Kentucky Speedway enjoys the show. I don't think everyone on this thread enjoyed my humor. I also hope that they can keep the IRL series. You know Bruton won't be lacking money to invest so it should remain a top flight facility.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indycars in Ky