IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TQ29m (Offline)
  #1 5/18/19 12:26 PM
Has anyone found a reliable replacement for the Schroeder manual steering yet, Speedway motors has one that interests me, it is a new, not reman, Corvair reversed box, now it won't just bolt in, but it looks more than promising to me, a little machine work, and it should be good to go. Just a thought. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
badcoupe (Offline)
  #2 5/18/19 12:41 PM
bailey is making new ones as well another company whose name escapes me at the moment
copper14 (Offline)
  #3 5/18/19 8:13 PM
we put a rack on ours years ago.mounted it to the axle.simple and worked good.cg
Speedwrench (Offline)
  #4 5/26/19 10:51 PM
Check with IDIDIT ( they make hot rod steering columns ) in Michigan. They say they have purchased everything Schroeder steering and have parts and new units.

I saw something several months ago about a company that is making a steering for mini-sprints and drag boats that is pretty much interchangeable with Schroeder. Unfortunately I can't remember the name at the moment.
wobbler (Offline)
  #5 5/27/19 8:20 AM
Qwik Time Products in Ca. are making a nice manual steering unit which appears to be an updated replacement for the Schroeder box. I believe West Evans Motorsport is a dealer.