Terre Haute' Action Track!!.......
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
Terre haute shopping center will be there soon
Posted via Mobile Device
Hmmmmm'...sounds like someone mite have the INSIDE on this deal eh??........

1/27/11, 11:26 PM   #12
Re: Terre Haute
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
Terre haute shopping center will be there soon
Posted via Mobile Device
I hope not.....Honey Creek Mall has empty spaces already. Plus THAT is a good track, the last few races there proved ti can be awesome. When 641 bypass if finished, all the Indianapolis bound traffic will not be passing that way.

If it does happen, at least I have LPS to go to.

1/28/11, 9:48 AM   #13
jjones776

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
I hope not.....Honey Creek Mall has empty spaces already. Plus THAT is a good track, the last few races there proved ti can be awesome. When 641 bypass if finished, all the Indianapolis bound traffic will not be passing that way.

If it does happen, at least I have LPS to go to.
you have your push truck done yet?

1/28/11, 4:14 PM   #14
monkeyboy

At least i have lps to go to.Is that the sentiment for The Action Track these days??Lps pales in comparison to the half mile at the Vigo county fairgrounds.Where is the sense of history and tradition in this sport anymore????

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
1/28/11, 4:51 PM   #15
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
At least i have lps to go to.Is that the sentiment for The Action Track these days??Lps pales in comparison to the half mile at the Vigo county fairgrounds.Where is the sense of history and tradition in this sport anymore????

No, THAT will always be first.....but if something happens and we lose THAT, at least I have at rack 30 minutes from me. I in no way, shape or form want to lose the Action Track to some stupid shopping center that will be empty like the one row of empty buildings to the south of the fair grounds that used to have Circuit City, Pet Smart, Pier 1 imports, and Shoe Carnival, all but one of those stores moved, the others went bankrupt. I seen THAT going up from the crap that Allison had it at, to what King and group had it to, then what the O'Conners had at it. I have only been to three race tracks, but the track at the O'Conners prepped beat out LPS and the Burg.....

THAt is what got me into racing. I didn't want the track to close before King took over, but really didn't care for racing in general. NASCRAP has ruined racing for me until I discovered Sprint cars.

Quite frankly, dirt tracks are closing up in way for "development" way too much.....Manzy looked pretty cool track. The track in Tulsa looked like it could be a good track with some work now. Terre Haute was/is a few years away from being back to close to its former glory.

I want to see THAT back to the day when Smith and others had it during its glory days.

To me, nothing is better then watching three sprint cars come off turn four side by side to go for the win.

1/28/11, 6:52 PM   #16
jim goerge

So only USAC races this year?

1/28/11, 11:24 PM   #17
JEFFSTOY

A hell of a lot better than nothing at all

1/29/11, 1:20 AM   #18
Rpracing1

Just like anything else. If you don't use it,you'll lose it. Very sad.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/29/11, 3:38 AM   #19
jjones776

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
No, THAT will always be first.....but if something happens and we lose THAT, at least I have at rack 30 minutes from me. I in no way, shape or form want to lose the Action Track to some stupid shopping center that will be empty like the one row of empty buildings to the south of the fair grounds that used to have Circuit City, Pet Smart, Pier 1 imports, and Shoe Carnival, all but one of those stores moved, the others went bankrupt. I seen THAT going up from the crap that Allison had it at, to what King and group had it to, then what the O'Conners had at it. I have only been to three race tracks, but the track at the O'Conners prepped beat out LPS and the Burg.....

THAt is what got me into racing. I didn't want the track to close before King took over, but really didn't care for racing in general. NASCRAP has ruined racing for me until I discovered Sprint cars.

Quite frankly, dirt tracks are closing up in way for "development" way too much.....Manzy looked pretty cool track. The track in Tulsa looked like it could be a good track with some work now. Terre Haute was/is a few years away from being back to close to its former glory.

I want to see THAT back to the day when Smith and others had it during its glory days.

To me, nothing is better then watching three sprint cars come off turn four side by side to go for the win.
Posted via Mobile Device

1/29/11, 8:41 AM   #20
Dyno Don

I talked to a guy from TH and asked him about the possible demise of the fairground.
He said that he has heard nothing concrete about it being sold. He also said that it does not surprise him at all, because he said the fairgrounds is a money losing operation on an annual basis.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute