IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #11 8/19/17 6:43 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
On my way, Could be a new Dick Gaines Memorial winner tonight. Tmez was coming but they blew a motor on one car and are busy trying to make smackdown. Leary and others are at Springfield. Hodges, Stanbrough? don't know.

See ya there.
Stanbrough's FB page said he was racing this weekend in the 24P car @ Bloomington and LPS.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner
captrat (Offline)
  #12 8/19/17 7:12 PM
Originally Posted by PAW:
Only 19 cars..
I am there disappointing!
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #13 8/19/17 7:34 PM
Big money scares them off sometimes
28 at Paragon
21 at pville
Stanbrough is here at pville
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
MilfordSprintFan (Offline)
  #14 8/19/17 9:07 PM
I am here and was hoping for more sprints too. That said some heavy hitters in the house including Ballou, KTJ, Hodges, Andretti, Kinser, Westerfeld TThomas Feature should be fun.

Shawn Sell
4 Likes: rapid robert, ronmil, tirespinner, trannyman
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #15 8/19/17 9:46 PM
Any updates
wildman92 (Offline)
  #16 8/19/17 9:49 PM
Feature finish. Ballou. KT jr. Andretti.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
5 Likes: Dirtfan, Hotrod, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
MilfordSprintFan (Offline)
  #17 8/19/17 9:50 PM
Ballou dominates early and holds off KTJ late to win. Andretti Westerfeld Gaines top 5

Shawn Sell
3 Likes: Hotrod, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #18 8/20/17 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by MilfordSprintFan:
Ballou dominates early and holds off KTJ late to win. Andretti Westerfeld Gaines top 5
It's true Ballou hald a lead for the first 17 laps until a yellow flew. Then it was game on. KT Threw a slider on lap 19 and the two swapped the lead about three times before Ballou again regained control. Andretti Got third. Westerfeld and Gaines worked their way forward after the restart to finish fourth and fifth. I was actually happy for Ballou. It's a thing of beauty just watching two sprint cars go all out. Ballou up in the fluff seemingly floating on top of the dirt. KT down low working off the bottom. Track was far better in the feature than I thought it'd be. Some moisture actually came back up and it was quite racy.

Nick Bilbee who had a problem in his heat and dropped out came from the tail and gained 12 possitions to get the Grasshopper award in honor of Bryan Clauson.

Great race! Had a lot of USAC guys that ran Springfield Crown Cars. Moffatt who is a regular also had a springfield ride. Drew Able just had a newborn (Congrats) and missed. TMez had a blown motor on one of the Briscoe Rides last night and is saving the other for Smackdown

The Mod Race was Spectacular. Laps 7-20 were a side by side battle with Josh Rice pulling out the win over four time track champion Brad Wiek. Both cars were side by side swapping the lead. Rice floating it on the wall through 1-2 catching that last piece of cushion and shooting down the back straight. Had a edge on that end, Wiek had the bottom of 3-4. It was a battle Royale and Rice pulled out for the win on the last lap.

Left after the Mods. Stopped at Whittey's for some Spirits and now about to enjoy some.
Great night. I too like 28-35 car fields but with so many tracks running it's a crap shoot. We had the heavy hitters and as others said. That drives some away too.

Was good to see FalconEddie for our once a year meet and great.
Also mention that with Ballou winning the record for most Dick Gaines Memorial wins stands at one each.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, chrismattlin, FishBurger, Gregg
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #19 8/20/17 12:10 AM
Un-Official Results
Sprints - A Main
Finish Start Car Driver Hometown Points
1 1 12X Robert Ballou Rocklin , Ca 150.00
2 2 9K Kevin Thomas, Jr. Cullman , Al 140.00
3 3 18 Jarett Andretti Indianapolis , In 130.00
4 5 89 Shawn Westerfeld Guilford , In 120.00
5 8 44 Dickie Gaines Mitchell , In 110.00
6 9 74X Josh Hodges Tijeras , Nm 105.00
7 19 17 Nick Bilbee Indianapolis , In 100.00
8 4 17GP Tyler Thomas Collinsville , Ok 95.00
9 6 70 Jordan Kinser Bedford , In 90.00
10 7 74 Tony Main Farmland , In 85.00
11 12 44S Michael Fischesser Cincinnati , Oh 80.00
12 13 71B Braxton Cummings Bedford , In 75.00
13 11 32 Garrett Abrams Rushville , In 70.00
14 10 76 Jj Hughes Columbus , In 65.00
15 14 9G Cody Gardner Monroe , Oh 60.00
16 16 14 Aaron Fry Ironton , Oh 55.00
17 15 40X Adam Strausser Piketon , Oh 50.00
18 18 25 Eric Semple West Union, Oh 45.00
19 17 21M Chris Olding Cincinncati , Oh 40.00

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: chrismattlin, FishBurger, Gregg, ronmil
ronmil (Offline)
  #20 8/20/17 6:50 PM
Very enjoyable evening! Once again the night of sprint car action was proof you don't need a huge field to have a good race. Brought a friend who had never been to the 'Burg, and he was impressed by every aspect of the facility and the competition.
We arrived early, and Marv Fish and the gang in Section A hadn't arrived, and since I made it through the evening without making a trip downstairs, I didn't get to visit with any of the gang. We sat in lawn chairs at the top of Section A and enjoyed an evening visiting with Chris Smith. I had the privilege of meeting John Mugavin, a four time late model champion at Florence Speedway and the winner of numerous races during his career at a number of venues, when Chris introduced him to me. I was very flattered that he knew of me because of my postings on IOW.
We stuck around for the modified feature, as did a large number of the fans, and it was an excellent race. Because of the distance, I don't attend the 'Burg very often, but I always enjoy the racing and fellowship when I do.

Ron Miller
4 Likes: captrat, Charles Nungester, Gregg, mc/rider