IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Burg Midget Week?
6/15/14, 1:45 PM   #81
Re: The Burg Midget Week?
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post
Before I answer,
Don't I need the track prep crew expert, to tell me what was wrong with the track?
The Car count experts to tell me if their was enough cars their?
The Concession stand expert to tell me if the prices were to high?
The water truck expert to tell me if they added enough water?
If their was enough passing?
If they had enough paper in the toilets?
The guy next to me cheer for the right driver?
If the correct drivers won.

Or can I say piss on all the experts, internet Jockeys, and Say one heck of a great show! Glad I made the crazy drive from Gateway.

Ps. Sorry for my updates, I am sure the experts around here will tell me what a 1/2 a** job I did. I tried !
Excellent! The next best thing to being there! Me and my sister appreciated the updates! You update me then I update her! A teeny bit anxious when your battery died though!

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
6/15/14, 1:47 PM   #82
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

2 "IRONMAN" awards for last night. 1st to Chris Windom for doing the Gateway to L'burg trip, then racing a full midget program, then a full sprint car program, topping it off in Victory Lane.
2nd to Rico Abreau, not only for the win, but just for strapping into a midget for the 3rd straight night after recovering from the broken collar bone. I can't imagine the pain involved.

3 members like this post: jjones752, mtek56, racenut69
6/15/14, 1:50 PM   #83
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARFprez View Post
2 "IRONMAN" awards for last night. 1st to Chris Windom for doing the Gateway to L'burg trip, then racing a full midget program, then a full sprint car program, topping it off in Victory Lane.
2nd to Rico Abreau, not only for the win, but just for strapping into a midget for the 3rd straight night after recovering from the broken collar bone. I can't imagine the pain involved.
Yup, Rico has seven screws in his collar bone

1 member likes this post: mtek56
6/15/14, 3:06 PM   #84
SteelCore

Excellent racing last night just wish there wasn't so many cautions in the sprint feature.

6/15/14, 3:31 PM   #85
Jrp4554

Thank you to Dave Rudisell and the whole Burg crew. The midget and sprint features last night were two of the best races I've ever seen there.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, mc/rider, mtek56, ronmil, Tim Watson
6/15/14, 3:41 PM   #86
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
Wow I like how the burg put alot of effect into track pep.and just THINK I paid 25.00 to see a piece of **** track.I feel sorry for the drivers and fans
Speedbump,

I noticed your post was at 6:56 PM on Saturday night. Since it is now 3:40 PM on Sunday afternoon, I was wondering if you made it home okay last night? Since we haven't heard from you concerning the racing and how bad it must have been on "a piece of **** track", many of us are concerned about you. Since qualifications hadn't yet ending when you made your post, you probably left and just proceeded home and haven't bothered posting more "track information" today.

Obviously I missed something about the track last night. You track prep experts pick out things that a rookie race fan like me missses out there. I sucked it up and stayed the course. Had I only known earlier, things might have been different.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/15/14, 3:49 PM   #87
Phylo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
Ok , that's funny ! But it was a good race...a little long but good
We ran out of fuel with three laps left....at that point I was on my third heart attack!
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
Last edited by Phylo82; 6/15/14 at 3:51 PM.

5 members like this post: Gregg, johnnythunderhead, mtek56, racenut69, ronmil
6/15/14, 4:34 PM   #88
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Enjoyed a great night of racing and socializing from my perch at the top of Section A. Enjoyed some conversation with Karen Rudisell, who has always made me feel so welcome at Lawrenceburg Speedway. My biggest complaint about the three nights of racing that I attended is the amount of windshield time I put in, just a little under one thousand miles. IMO Indiana Midget Week is a better event than Indiana Sprint Week, and the crowds all three nights approached Sprint Week levels.

5 members like this post: FishBurger, johnnythunderhead, mtek56, Phylo82, Tim Watson
6/15/14, 4:45 PM   #89
johnnythunderhead
Banned

its without a doubt better than sprint week, when you get 35 to 44 midgets and close to 30 sprints each nite

6/16/14, 1:36 PM   #90
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
Thanks for everyone who came out to the Burg last night! I myself had a great time. It was really nice seeing some friends I haven't seen in a while. Hats off to all of you for your support! Be safe in your travels to Kokomo tonight, and have a great Fathers Day Dads!!
Nice talking to you Dave! I appreciate it that you take the time out to chat with me. I'm still laughing about you in the afternoon hammering on the brakes on that 4 wheeler and turning around to drive over by me when i was playing catch with Cam.

2 members like this post: Danny Burton, Dave Rudisell
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Burg Midget Week?