IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
CRA91 (Offline)
  #21 10/3/15 12:52 AM
R.I.P my friend. Condolences to his family and friends.

Terry James Jr.
CRA91 (Offline)
  #22 10/3/15 12:53 AM
Sorry double post.

Terry James Jr.
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #23 10/3/15 12:59 AM
R.I.P., Tony. Heaven just gained a heavy hitter for their A Mains.
6 Likes: dctracy79, interpreter66, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, TeamCGR, tirespinner
jjsprt92 (Offline)
  #24 10/3/15 12:59 AM
Rip. God Speed
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #25 10/3/15 1:15 AM
I saw him race and win many times. Most memorable is the Ted Horn he won at DuQuoin. It was the only time my dad and I went to DuQuoin together. I hope he's shaking Tony's hand right now.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
5 Likes: Indy1808, interpreter66, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, tirespinner
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #26 10/3/15 2:54 AM
May God Speed 'Tony Elliott'..Thouhgts and Prayers to Tony's Loved ones and all the other Familys!!..you always brought smiles to others when you crossed their paths with Your Big contagious SMILE!!..that had to be one of your secrets to keeping you still so young looking!!..You always seemed to have time to talk to your Fans!!..so we enjoyed when you came up into the stands (PIR, Perris) to watch the events, and talking about who's who in what Car!!...thanks for those times!!...
  #27 10/3/15 5:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
This is a devastating loss to the sport that we all love. Not only was Tony a great, great driver, that was almost unbeatable at times. He also had an amazing persona. He had a star quality about him. Just about every time you saw this guy, you saw that big smile of his. You could tell, he really liked being just exactly who he was and always drew a crowd where ever you saw him. And he handled that part of being a star, with class and gratitude on a similar level as Chuck Amati. And if you know me very well, a One Armed Bandit comparison is about as much praise as I can give to someone. RIP, Tony Elliott.

Jerry
As I was putting some words together I read this post..."amazing persona"..."big smile"...that was Tony...RIP
5 Likes: interpreter66, jim goerge, speed bump, team3521, tirespinner
PIT CART (Offline)
  #28 10/3/15 5:38 AM
Sad to hear this.
RIP Tony
rightrear (Offline)
  #29 10/3/15 6:32 AM
Godspeed Tony.
racerdon (Offline)
  #30 10/3/15 6:41 AM
Tony, was one of the best! RIP Tony.
2 Likes: interpreter66, tirespinner