IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500...Wow
5/27/13, 9:30 PM   #11
Re: Little 500...Wow
slick01

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 48

Our first Little 500 and all we can say is WOW. That was a heck of a show. Clauson was flat flying after he pitted with 150 or so to go until he broke. Really felt bad for Cottle as he seemed poised to try for the win at the end. Only drawback was the chaos the teams had trying to get a push truck while pitting.
Last edited by slick01; 5/27/13 at 9:31 PM.

5/27/13, 10:34 PM   #12
Justigit

I agree with the others that this was a great race and kept us on the edge of our seats till the end.
Congrats to J.Wilson on the win, smooth as silk. And it was a good run for Shane Hollingsworth running in the top 5 for most of the night before having problems.
The move by Chet Fillip to pull out of the pits into the middle of the track in turn 1, under green directly into the path of Cottle (who was leading at the time) and Wilson as they raced for the win was one of the dumbest things I have seen in a while

5/28/13, 7:29 AM   #13
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

It was my son and I first Little 500 and all I can say is awesome! My dad also went with us and he hadn't been since 1974 and he loved it as well! We will be going back next year! If you have never been it's a must see just for the 11 row's of 3 lined up and ready to let it rip!!

5/28/13, 8:33 AM   #14
Augie

Kinda wish we would have stayed, but with the forcast I had to decide what to do. It was only that good because we left, at least we got in a good night of racing at Eldora instead. Next year I guess!

1 member likes this post:
5/28/13, 9:08 AM   #15
Butch47265

I think you would have to check WAY back to find a better CLASS of cars than we seen at LIL 500 2013

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Mud Packer
5/28/13, 10:07 AM   #16
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count Last Year: 20

Wow is right. What an enjoyable and crazy race.

I'd like to thank all the drivers and teams for coming out and putting on a great show for us fans.

1 member likes this post: weirracing
5/29/13, 12:21 AM   #17
brsteg

Race Count Last Year: 43

I was there for my 2nd on Saturday, but when it rained it ruined my Little 500 weekend.
Looking at the radar with a 2 1/2 hour plus trip back to the track I had to make a choice. I error-ed on side of caution because I couldn't spend another $40+ on fuel for another rain out. And to be honest I just wasn't feeling the long trip back up and back for a second day in a row regardless of money.
Really hated to miss it, since I already had to ticket and was ready to race. But that's how they go. Don't think I've guessed the weather right but once or twice in the past year.

1 member likes this post: team3521
5/29/13, 12:58 AM   #18
slick01

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
I was there for my 2nd on Saturday, but when it rained it ruined my Little 500 weekend.
Looking at the radar with a 2 1/2 hour plus trip back to the track I had to make a choice. I error-ed on side of caution because I couldn't spend another $40+ on fuel for another rain out. And to be honest I just wasn't feeling the long trip back up and back for a second day in a row regardless of money.
Really hated to miss it, since I already had to ticket and was ready to race. But that's how they go. Don't think I've guessed the weather right but once or twice in the past year.
We sure can sympathize with you. We left IMS and it rained all the way to Anderson. We about turned back just as we got to I-69 and finally decided to stick it out. Sure glad we did! It started raining again as we hit the freeway on the way back to our hotel.

5/29/13, 4:36 PM   #19
Max Revs

I did not see any mention of this great story, but I know it won't get overlooked. Fourteen year old rookie from Florida takes home the Rookie of The Year title, beating one of the strongest fields of rookies in recent memory:

http://www.hoseheads.com/richard.html

3 members like this post: interpreter66, Topless77, weirracing
5/29/13, 9:21 PM   #20
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Revs View Post
I did not see any mention of this great story, but I know it won't get overlooked. Fourteen year old rookie from Florida takes home the Rookie of The Year title, beating one of the strongest fields of rookies in recent memory:

http://www.hoseheads.com/richard.html

he is also a fine young man off the track, very polite and respectfull of people.great job on qualifying and completing the race,a well deserved award.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500...Wow