IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No way out 40!!!
1/26/12, 2:03 PM   #31
Re: No way out 40!!!
awnunn

Probably could post when qualifying starts but it would be hard to set an exact time for the races to start. Gonna be a delay or to due to a crash(hope not) or more cars than anticipated just to mention a couple. Most generally when Mason says its time to Pack or Qualify he dont wait on nobody.

2 members like this post: SPRINTCAR, TQ29m
1/26/12, 4:05 PM   #32
SPRINTCAR

Over the years I've been going to North Vernon I think the track prep has been good more than not. I have been there when the sprints are churning up the dirt because it is right. It was not dust but the dirt from the horsepower of the sprints and these guys were booking.

1/26/12, 4:21 PM   #33
bfranks17

I live in Vernon were the track is at. Lets just say there is a reason why they used to have a sprint week date. With a few changes it could be a premier track of the country

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
1/26/12, 4:36 PM   #34
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfranks17 View Post
With a few changes it could be a premier track of the country

Posted via Mobile Device
One of those changes would have to be safe fencing. My guess is that USAC wouldnt come back until at least that happens.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1/26/12, 4:40 PM   #35
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by awnunn View Post
Probably could post when qualifying starts but it would be hard to set an exact time for the races to start. Gonna be a delay or to due to a crash(hope not) or more cars than anticipated just to mention a couple. Most generally when Mason says its time to Pack or Qualify he dont wait on nobody.
Any track owner knows about what the average car count and the average time it takes to qualify. Give yourself a buffer zone for re-prep afterwards. It's nice and simple math.

Best solution is to group qualify. Single car qualifying is a thing of the past. Time to modernize and move on.

1/26/12, 5:15 PM   #36
awnunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
Any track owner knows about what the average car count and the average time it takes to qualify. Give yourself a buffer zone for re-prep afterwards. It's nice and simple math.

Best solution is to group qualify. Single car qualifying is a thing of the past. Time to modernize and move on.

Not trying to argue with ya, but I dont know one track owner that if you called them they could give you even a ball park on car count for any givin night. Headliners or support class. Just sayin.

1/26/12, 5:32 PM   #37
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfranks17 View Post
I live in Vernon were the track is at. Lets just say there is a reason why they used to have a sprint week date. With a few changes it could be a premier track of the country

Posted via Mobile Device
As I recall, the issue wasn't with conditions at the track, so much as it was something related, and not to Mason either. I don't really think the fence is an issue either, altho a 100k would make it all better, they run at a whole lot worse tracks, and think nothing of it. Bob!

1/26/12, 6:58 PM   #38
smith19

will be there. just a concern though, last year i saw an older gent. fall through the bleachers and injured his leg. hope the can fix some of the boards. this has been an issue for a while. should be a great race.

1/26/12, 7:11 PM   #39
monkeyboy

multi car qualifying is as big of a joke as our education system. Draw for heats and ill gladly throw a few bucks in a bucket for hero and hot dog quals. Regardless I can't wait for that show always a highlight for certain.

Posted via Mobile Device

1/26/12, 8:05 PM   #40
treecitytornado

We do the best we can to follow state regulations. ISTEP is the name of the game! You have to cover certain standards that are required to get the kids ready for the big test coming up soon!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No way out 40!!!