IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Details on the High Limit Racing charter system by 2026.
12/10/23, 7:44 PM   #11
Re: Details on the High Limit Racing charter system by 2026.
RacingFan52

Race Count This Year: 1

I have been a huge fan of sprint car racing all my life. My only experience above the fan level has been in the sponsor area and as a "gofer" for 2-3 years for a couple teams. I found out how devoted folks were to the sport. I am all for somehow making things more affordable for those involved. A fact of life is that the higher you go up the ladder, the less it remains a hobby and the more it becomes a business. It seems to me that Nascar is the top rung of this ladder and my impression is that the owners there do not intend to spend any of their own money anymore. Sponsorships pay the bills and some of the teams look like they've made a good living off the sponsors. When the word "charter" was mentioned at the top of this thread, I suddenly smelled a foul odor coming from my computer. Oh no! I can see standardized chassis, motors, gears, shocks, etc. coming down the pike later on. Identical cars! High Limit and FLO will be all about "the show" if they go down this road. WoO turned me off because I thought they headed in this direction. High Limit seems like they might be planning to go farther than WoO and mimicking Nascar's business model. This is why I follow USAC and other MSCS type organizations. People are racing because they LIKE it. I don't have all the answers, maybe none of them, but "business" seems to ruin every sport as that particular sport climbs the ladder of $$$$$$$$$$$. If it all keeps tracks and teams going, I guess I'm for it, but I don't like it.

12/11/23, 5:41 PM   #12
TQ29m

Me, I'm still waiting to hear from the local guys who entertain us on a weekly basis,to see how many of them feel like it will be a benefit to them, or if they can take the move or look for something else, perhaps when we know how they feel, we can make a decision on what our plans might be, my hope is they will stay as they are, and grow their own base and be better paid in return
Bob

1 member likes this post: Grocery Guy
12/12/23, 12:29 PM   #13
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Very good point. I supposed I can go back watch Kevin Millers portion on the banquet which is on flo and see if he mentions that.

I was way off. Kevin said that over 50k viewers per night on any given night of USAC Midgets, Sprints or Crown AVG. And 140k viewers for the BC39 (Does not specify unique)

I've seen the steady improvement in payouts and bigger races and I hope flo becomes a billion dollar industry (if it already isn't) But without the tracks putting on the races or the racers and owners themselves. None of it happens.

I also think there's a ton of room to grow it. Pay for advertising on the drag racing-motocross, snow mobile streams. Emphasize that watching the stream is nothing compared to viewing it in person,

Anyway, just looking for ways to grow it and keep sprint and midget racers racing longer
Not sure how you grow it if there is a corresponding drop or stagnation in actual attendance. AUto racing also has to show some type of community benefit in order to be accepted. The old rule of 1 dollar spent turns over three times, still is valid. If you don't have people coming to the track, there is also less money funneled into the local economy. FLO racing benefits USAC, but no one can seem to say that in exchange for FLO coming in and taking over your race track, the promoters are seeing a financial gain.

12/12/23, 1:06 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
Not sure how you grow it if there is a corresponding drop or stagnation in actual attendance. AUto racing also has to show some type of community benefit in order to be accepted. The old rule of 1 dollar spent turns over three times, still is valid. If you don't have people coming to the track, there is also less money funneled into the local economy. FLO racing benefits USAC, but no one can seem to say that in exchange for FLO coming in and taking over your race track, the promoters are seeing a financial gain.
Nascar now is running commercials, SEE IT! Hear it, Feel it. Live in person. Get your tickets at.......

Im just throwing ideas out there. It's between the tracks, USAC and Flo on how to do it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Details on the High Limit Racing charter system by 2026.