IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Crown
9/26/23, 9:10 PM   #21
Re: 4 Crown
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
People (a female dog) about this every year. It's 4 Crown plan on it being a late night if that bothers you stay home.

Moles trying to knock a fence post out of the ground and a fence repair. Brady making a rare mistake. Big midget wreck. I could go on. Weren't these enough reasons why the show was what you would call late or after midnight?

They have tried to speed up the show and it helps with Silver Crown time trails and Last Chance Showdown on Friday night.

Share your plan with us to speed up the show.

Racing starts at 7, not 8. Simple as that. No reason to start at 8. If it is delayed by accidents, weather, so be it.

It isn't so much the late hour, it is the drunks like yourself tooling down all the 2 lanes afterwards at 2 in the morning.

3 members like this post: diversified, motorhead748, tirespinner
9/26/23, 9:56 PM   #22
cowboyhar69

Be nice if they could figure out a way for the benefit of the Silver Crown guys that they didn’t have to be there 2 nights just to run 1 race and not be the last race.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

6 members like this post: Dale, interpreter66, K92, PIT CART, rick42, tirespinner
9/27/23, 10:28 AM   #23
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I was there both nights. Stayed for entire show Friday. I went Saturday knowing full well what it was gonna be but when I went to the restroom at 10p and they were still running heat races I left. And I was not alone, as I was getting dressed for my motorcycle ride home there was a steady stream of people coming out.
Probably better off not being in heavy exit traffic on two wheels.

1 member likes this post: TBONE
9/27/23, 10:48 AM   #24
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
Racing starts at 7, not 8. Simple as that. No reason to start at 8. If it is delayed by accidents, weather, so be it.

It isn't so much the late hour, it is the drunks like yourself tooling down all the 2 lanes afterwards at 2 in the morning.
Drunks like myself? Nice personal attack on someone you do not know. For your information it's been a long time since I have drank alcohol. If you think I'm a drunk by my avatar that says "drunk wives matter" my wife passed away 12 years ago the avatar is sarcasm that flies right over your head. So mister I'm better than you what is your definition of a "drunk"?

I bet people seated around you at the track just love your incessant complaining. Whoops used a difficult word there here is it's meaning for you (going on and on: not stopping or letting up).

By the way had they started at 7 they still wouldn't have gotten finished until after midnight. Nice try moving the goalposts to fit your narrative.
Last edited by opnwhlmnd; 9/27/23 at 10:52 AM.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, PIT CART, TQ29m
9/27/23, 3:27 PM   #25
kb78

I might be remembering wrong, but I believe at one point The 4 Crown was a two day event with all of the qualifying and heats on Saturday Night and the consi's and features were run on Sunday afternoon. I suppose you could move the qualifying and heats for the Sprints to Friday night, that wouldn't save time but it would transfer it to another night. Another thing they could do is save the post race celebrations till the end of the night, they probably lose 1/2 hour doing that stuff, but they are usually working the track during so they aren't really wasting time. I really do believe that the 4 Crown is just a great event that is going to run a little long. Not a race for newer fans but you know what you are getting into. If you are so bored that you feel the need to leave then it probably isn't for you anyway.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Crown