IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shadyhill (IN) Aug. 4. Midgets & Mini Sprint. FREE Admission
7/31/17, 9:57 PM   #1
Shadyhill (IN) Aug. 4. Midgets & Mini Sprint. FREE Admission
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Shadyhill Speedway
Medaryville, Indiana

Website - www.shadyhillspeedway.com
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/ShadyHillSpeedway

Friday, August 4th 2017
General Admission Tickets - FREE per the tracks Facebook page

Open Wheel Midgets
600 Wing Mini Sprints
600 Non-Wing Mini Sprints

ALSO
Saturday, August 5th 2017
UMP Modifieds - Topless - $1,000 to win

Friday, August 11th 2017
MSCS Sprint Cars
4 Cylinders
Last edited by nathans1012; 8/3/17 at 10:08 PM.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
8/3/17, 9:52 PM   #2
Re: Shadyhill (IN) Aug. 4. Midgets & Mini Sprint. FREE Admis
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

They will be racing both 600 Wing Mini Sprints & 600 Non-Wing Mini Sprints with the Open Wheel Midgets. So 3 classes tomorrow Night 8-4-2017.

2 members like this post: CCFEHR, flagboy55
8/4/17, 12:27 PM   #3
Jerry Spencer

We are running there next week i think, brings back memories to the time we ran there most every week with the sprint cars.

Jerry #66j

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
8/4/17, 8:18 PM   #4
Hustlin-Hoosier

Race Count Last Year: 22

:Sitting at the track with my son ! Nice evening for racing, not many cars here, but the price is right !

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/4/17, 9:11 PM   #5
mud chassis

How many 600's showed up

8/5/17, 1:37 PM   #6
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Sorry but my wife and I were not impressed!! Schedule on website says 6 PM hot laps and hot laps did not start until almost 7:15. Ran good amount of laps for each class (about 7 or 8) and then announce that they would run a second round of warmups because guys had not run there before. In the meantime clouds are rolling in and temperature is 63 and feels like 56 and dropping. Warmups end around 8 PM and then they announce there will be a driver's meeting! Don't you usually have the driver's meeting before the warmups begin? By this time it is almost 8:30 when Justin Peck rolls down the hill with the flag in hand for the national anthem. Wouldn't you know it but it begins to rain!! It showers for about 15 minutes and stops. Vehicles start to run the track in around 9 and are still running it in at 9:30. With the complete program to still run and added warmups for the guys again we decided to cut our losses and head home. Sure glad it was free because that is all it was worth!! With only about 12 cars in the pits we didn't feel it was worth sticking around and then having to drive home 1 1/2 hours after the completion of the show which was probably around midnight. Heard two people talking behind us with one living in the Central time zone and she stated that she arrived home at 2:30 last Saturday and the other from the area saying he was home by 2 AM!! That is too long to be at a race track and if the promoter doesn't change things people are not going to come out and support such a poorly run show! Was thinking about attending the MSCS sprint show next Friday there but if this Friday was any indication of how poorly the program is going to be run next Friday count us out!! Sorry to sound so negative but being wet and cold and sitting for two hours and seeing nothing has that effect on us!! The only good thing about the evening was the beautiful double rainbow that appeared after the rain showers!!

Bruce and Pat Eckel

2 members like this post: flagboy55, ronmil
8/5/17, 3:28 PM   #7
flagboy55

Worried about shadyhill and Bruce I share your concern. I'm going to go to the MSCS race next week and hope for the best. The Hill is the closest track to me so I want to support them but have been hearing nothing but poor reviews. One person told me that recently they didn't finish a race night till after 3am! I know it's new ownership and it's not easy but they seem to be oblivious to the harm it does to a tracks reputation. Like I said I'm going to give them a try but my clock goes off at 4:15 Saturday morning for work, hopefully I'll be able to see the whole program

1 member likes this post: spicoli
8/5/17, 4:13 PM   #8
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Worried about shadyhill and Bruce I share your concern. I'm going to go to the MSCS race next week and hope for the best. The Hill is the closest track to me so I want to support them but have been hearing nothing but poor reviews. One person told me that recently they didn't finish a race night till after 3am! I know it's new ownership and it's not easy but they seem to be oblivious to the harm it does to a tracks reputation. Like I said I'm going to give them a try but my clock goes off at 4:15 Saturday morning for work, hopefully I'll be able to see the whole program
Flagboy55,

Hope you don't have to go directly from the Friday race to work!!! Good luck!!

Bruce Eckel

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
8/6/17, 10:33 AM   #9
beaner

I feel the need for a different perspective here on the Friday night show.
I am a Michigan "Race Chaser" having attended races at over 125 tracks. My Sprints on Dirt show was rained out in Michigan at what would have been a new track-Manistee Fairgrounds. Hey.... instead of 3 hours North lets go 2.5 hrs South for a new track that has been on my radar-Shady Hill.

*15 non-wing Mini-Sprints, 11 wing minis, along with 2 midgets & a 410 NW sprint for exhibition. FOR FREE.
Yes the short rain mist/light showers caused big problems for the track that was ready to go for racing. I predicted they would pull the plug as the rain during the week had the grounds and track at its moisture limits. They had some work to do and yes, the time was starting to get late. WOW-everybody pulls together and in my mind, goes above and beyond considering the conditions and we actually see racing!

My hats off to track and promoter in a tough situation. The racing actually was VERY entertaining and a friend from Michigan, Alexis Adgate, came home with her first A-main feature win ever and I was there. Woo-hoo!! Ken Adgate and his 2 cars went 1-2 in the NW portion and 2nd and I believe 5th in the wing race.

While it was not the ideal night on how the plan was drawn up in the locker room, I would not hesitate to come back to this track. I think the race surface and wide turns will make for a very good show this Friday night.

I needed to remember that my racing buddy and I was sitting at a new race track (for free) out in the cornfields of Northwest Indiana watching races. That was worth my vacation day I burned for sure.
Last edited by beaner; 8/6/17 at 10:38 AM.

5 members like this post: Chris Baue, DIZZLE, flagboy55, nathans1012, TQ29m
8/6/17, 12:33 PM   #10
Crankin

Another perspective.
The guy who set up these races, at least the midget portion as a sanctioning body (of sorts?), bailed out after shady hill had already put out their schedule.
This same guy just sort of trued to hand it off to a different sanction even though they already had their own schedule in place, and couldn't do the shady hill races.

One of the scheduled races was already cancelled, but it appears the promoter just went ahead and tried one to see what would happen.
Basically it was doomed from the start, sorry to say, but at no fault of the promoter.

Now as far as what happened at the actual race as far as late start, etc., well i wasn't there, so no comment.

Maybe in the future with a bit more help from a sanction, or Montpelier rules, it could go better?... Just don't hit any of those light poles. Yikes!
Last edited by Crankin; 8/6/17 at 12:34 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shadyhill (IN) Aug. 4. Midgets & Mini Sprint. FREE Admission