IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Schedule
1/21/17, 2:26 PM   #21
Mattmac05

On a typical Bloomington track a 305 has little chance against 410's in hot laps/ qualifying and the heat. There are times at the beginning of the night, when you don't have to lift with an 850hp motor. Bloomington is so tacky and tight at the beginning of the night it would be difficult. Mid-summer around feature time, you could make a possible go at it.

2 members like this post: Racer12, treecitytornado
1/21/17, 3:13 PM   #22
treecitytornado

Exactly, the people that say you can be competitive with a 305 against a 900 horse 410 on a tacky track or even a track with a nice cushion to lean on is crazy. It's possible at Paragon because it gets dead slick and slow around the bottom with no cushion. Thanks.

1 member likes this post: Racer12
1/21/17, 3:42 PM   #23
Re: Bloomington Speedway Schedule
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmac05 View Post
On a typical Bloomington track a 305 has little chance against 410's in hot laps/ qualifying and the heat. There are times at the beginning of the night, when you don't have to lift with an 850hp motor. Bloomington is so tacky and tight at the beginning of the night it would be difficult. Mid-summer around feature time, you could make a possible go at it.
Not disputing anything you said, but I'm sure that sometime this summer there will be comments posted here like "might as well pave it" or "it's dusty during hot laps!" or the ever popular "did they loose the keys to the water truck?"
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: Mattmac05
1/21/17, 5:26 PM   #24
Mattmac05

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Not disputing anything you said, but I'm sure that sometime this summer there will be comments posted here like "might as well pave it" or "it's dusty during hot laps!" or the ever popular "did they loose the keys to the water truck?"
No doubt there will be nights like that. Hard part will be predicting those nights, but people have shown you can make a go of it when it is dry.

1/21/17, 5:34 PM   #25
treecitytornado

Bloomington has their track prep together! Even on a hot August night, on my birthday, in 2016 it stayed heavy! It widened out in the feature so we could race! It was sweet!

1/21/17, 8:00 PM   #26
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Bloomington has their track prep together!
Good to hear!
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1/23/17, 1:17 PM   #27
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

When's the last time Bloomington's schedule went into September? Been awhile I think. I was told a few years back that they end it in August because Friday Night lights aka High School football starts in august and crowds start to fizzle out. Not complaining at all more races mean more chance for fun!

1/23/17, 1:31 PM   #28
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyCbus View Post
When's the last time Bloomington's schedule went into September? Been awhile I think. I was told a few years back that they end it in August because Friday Night lights aka High School football starts in august and crowds start to fizzle out. Not complaining at all more races mean more chance for fun!

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

4 members like this post: dshort36, jim goerge, scottyCbus, SPD 37
1/23/17, 1:42 PM   #29
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
When Mike & Judy Miles were there.
I thought so. Thanks!

1 member likes this post: dshort36
1/23/17, 7:52 PM   #30
mud chassis

On this schedule it showed Bloomington is running the mini Sprints. if you get online the schedule shows there are none. Does anybody know about them.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Schedule