IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver crown - who's driving what?
3/18/13, 8:21 AM   #31
Re: Silver crown - who's driving what?
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I would say Bob Sargent is definetly a promoter.
Yes and he's promoting 4 of the 6 SC Dirt races this year. Not too many others willing to make the effort for this series.

steiny

5 members like this post: billwill7, BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, randy j, ronmil
3/18/13, 10:47 AM   #32
sc96

Does anyone know when the last new silver crown dirt car was built from the ground up??????

Posted via Mobile Device

3/18/13, 11:24 AM   #33
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

I would bet that the RW cars are new every year or two. I know that 6R built at least one new car every year or two.

Posted via Mobile Device

3/18/13, 3:39 PM   #34
RoyaltonMiniSprint

Just got back from George Gamester's shop last Monday. They got a brand new GRP chassis he is building for his brother Russ to compete with this year on the dirt tracks!!!

3/19/13, 3:39 PM   #35
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

I am disgusted and saddened by the state of the Silver Crown Series. I love them, truly love them, and to see the series the way it is makes me want to cry. I will be at 4 races this year and possibly a 5th if I can find money/time off. I am 23 years old and my first race was Duquoin for the Horn, my dream, what I chase everyday is to climb in a Silver Crown car at Duquoin or Springfield, or any of the miles and race 100 laps 100 miles... I feel like there are ways to fix it and make the series viable again, if we have the patience and listen to the owners and what would make them happy/ come back....

3/19/13, 4:36 PM   #36
groove grabber

Very few places ive ever been rival the sights,sounds,smells of state fair racing. The excitement of hot laps and the sound of the engines singing a song are something very few short tracks if any can match. It is an event and something that will always stand out in my memories.

Shane Cockrum

Posted via Mobile Device

3/19/13, 7:45 PM   #37
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove grabber View Post
Very few places ive ever been rival the sights,sounds,smells of state fair racing. The excitement of hot laps and the sound of the engines singing a song are something very few short tracks if any can match. It is an event and something that will always stand out in my memories.

Shane Cockrum

Posted via Mobile Device
So true. How do we get those state fair patrons to want to see the race.

3/19/13, 7:59 PM   #38
SpfldMile

Advertise it so they know there is going to be a great race. I bet a lot of them are curious when they hear the engines roaring and would like to watch. If they didn't plan on it, though, they might not have the time or the extra money for such an impulse purchase. A little effort has to be made, you can't just open the gates anymore. People have too many options.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Bostonian, HardyBoysRacing, luckybuc97
3/19/13, 9:30 PM   #39
c47

im hearin windom has a SC ride lined up.

1 member likes this post: UpOnDaCushion
3/19/13, 11:49 PM   #40
ThePurple73

The thing I have always liked about the champ dirt cars is they remind me of the non-cage afternoon days at fairgrounds. (and nights too)

Nothing better than sitting in a big grandstand on a sunny day, dry slick, it takes some strategy, tire knowledge, fuel, you have to know what you are doing as a driver, get out of line or too fast in the wrong spot and you are toast.

Nothing better than seeing someone come from way in the back.

You almost can see everyone's strategy and there is time to race in 100 laps.

To all those that love the silver crown cars....there is nothing to explain. It's hard for me to understand how all open wheel race fans don't love these cars. Nothing better!

8 members like this post: Brettski98, ISF, luckybuc97, Mud Packer, ronmil, SpfldMile, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver crown - who's driving what?