IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #11 1/22/11 11:14 AM
I know we should be lucky to see any of it on Speed but here is why it would be nice to be a two hour show. On a one hour program you only end up with 45- 50 minutes because you will end up with 10-15 minutes total of commercials during the hour. On the other hand i realize you also need the advertising so you get what you get. I'm glad to get the hour and i will be tuned in for sure.
Hot Rod K. (Offline)
  #12 1/22/11 1:21 PM
Speed just sucks. Plain and simple.
2 Likes: jim goerge, RedRacer07
richie (Offline)
  #13 1/22/11 1:30 PM
I miss SpeedVision.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #14 1/22/11 1:35 PM
I think this and the demise of Greg Stephens videos proves its time for PPV every night of the Chili Bowl. Its not like they are having a problem selling out. What keeps people coming back to the race isnt just the racing its the atmosphere. I dont think letting Racin Boys host a PPV each night would hurt their income at all.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: jim goerge, mowerman
motormouthmyers (Offline)
  #15 1/22/11 2:50 PM
They did have another company doing videos for the event. Blue Sky Productions out of Owasso, Ok. Their website is www.blueskytymedia.com.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #16 1/22/11 4:43 PM
One thing you have to remember Speed is owned by Fox. Fox bought it to promote its Nascar races. That is the only reason why the bought it. Fox coes not care anything about racing, their concern is making money. Boogity, boogity, boogity.
3 Likes: I Miss Manzy, jim goerge, SPRINTCAR
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #17 1/22/11 4:44 PM
http://blueskytvmedia.com/Chili_Bowl_Order_Form.html

$60 plus shipping. I'm sure they are a capable company, but a teaser would nice.
IndyBound (Offline)
  #18 1/22/11 8:50 PM
Originally Posted by I Miss Manzy:
Speed TV:
Chili Bowl: 1 hr.
Daytona 500: 2 weeks nonstop.
Go figure!
Joe, Speed's one hour of testing lost out to the SU vs Nova game in my house today. Wish the outcome was different, but it was only SU's second loss of the season.

Right now I would be thankful to have any kind of racing on TV since I need to lay low for the next six weeks recovering from surgery this past Tues.. I can only stand so much of the Barrett-Jackson Car Auction, glad my Dad taught me to appreciate basketball, football and hockey as well as racing, because there sure isn't any racing on TV this time of year.

Patti
jim goerge (Offline)
  #19 1/24/11 7:52 PM
Well, when they show CB I sure hope they aren"t cutting in to any of my napcar time! Sorry was just jokeing
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #20 2/4/11 1:15 PM
Just a reminder for Sat. Feb. 5th........