IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Speedway USAC Indiana Sprint Week
7/13/10, 5:54 PM   #31
Re: Brownstown Speedway USAC Indiana Sprint W
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
Good luck getting a decent seat because the weekly fans put blankets and so on down for the WHOLE year then don't always show for the big races or they take up twice the room they actually need. We went to the Jackson 100 last year and it was a joke the way they took up so many extra seats. There is no reason why tracks can't charge an extra dollar and do reserve seats and issue a ticket. Brownstown, Gas City and the Burg are the worse for abuse of the "blanket policy" and I just don't hardly even bother to go to big shows at these tracks anymore. Eldora does reserve seats ONLINE or advanced at window and it works out great.
The seat saving thing is completely out of hand. By its very defintion it is unfair. Why should someone who has paid the same amount as another be allowed to save multiple seats. Here are some examples of this abuse. At GC, it was obvious that many people who probably came because it was a special show could not find a seat. If you have to have a person designated to find you a seat it should tell you something is wrong with the policy. Great way to discourage cultivating comeback patrons. At Kokomo as we sat next to a fan from Colorado there was a blanket in front of us covering enough room for 4 people. No one sat in this seat until the feature and then only one person used it and left with 2 laps to go. So rather than just gripe I make the following suggestions: if all seats are to be general admission, then no blankets down until gates open 2. if not all general admission, then reserve the top 5-8 rows with saving general admission only after gates open 3. or keep them all general admission, paint the top 5-8 rows but allow no saving at all in these areas; first come first serve. Ban all stadium seats and coolers. If you want to encourage people to be civil and feel treated fairly there can be no special treatment of one group over another. Lastly, we probably would not be having this discussion if people would behave in a manner which respected others and not simply follow there selfish, individual desires

7/13/10, 6:57 PM   #32
petey

I'll be attending my first Brownstown race Thurs. night. Passed through the town a few times but never have seen the track.

Hey Jersey been a while since we've seen each other. I'm sure I'll run into you somewhere over the weekend. And AERO save me a Dingaling or two will ya buddy?

7/13/10, 7:02 PM   #33
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

Im fatter!!! but I'll be there Thursday night. I'll track ya down around "PINEVILLE" Lets hope it won't be as hot as that night @ St Francois... Still sweating from that one.

Later, JERSEY

7/13/10, 9:58 PM   #34
awnunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts24B View Post
What time will the gates open on thursday?

Gates will open at 3

7/13/10, 11:50 PM   #35
HoosierMikey

What the earliest the track will be open to mark your seat?

7/14/10, 12:20 AM   #36
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

wednesday after 5
Posted via Mobile Device

7/15/10, 11:50 AM   #37
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Well it looks like I won't be making it to brownstown tonight. My work screwed up and forgot to pay me for 2 days of work and that was the money for the races this weekend. It's to bad too cause I was really looking forward to this race.

7/15/10, 12:04 PM   #38
BuckeyeBullet

Coming from Florence Y'all...

Should be there between 4 and 5...can't wait for this one

Stop me if you see me, like meeting IOW folks...I'll be the tall younger guy wearing my neon orange ISW shirt with a torn white ball cap and aviators.

7/15/10, 12:17 PM   #39
RedRacer07

I can not get to Brownstown until 5:30 or so. Is there lawn seating available...can i bring a lawn chair & sit towards turn 1? It has been awhile since I have been to the speedway.
Thank you in advance.

7/15/10, 12:33 PM   #40
Brewer 14

Kerry,

Check your PM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Speedway USAC Indiana Sprint Week