IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!
10/7/09, 2:01 AM   #121
Re: cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!
Sprint63122

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
Hey I love the sprint bandit format... But racing "that way" or racing smart is not a bad thing, sorry but if u are one of those fans that love to see guys drive like idiots and fling front axles and radiators all over the track, maybe you should go watch a demo derby or something... If you havent spent the night in the hospital, or paid the bills to repair a car after a wreck, you really just dont understand.
Why would you take this from one extreme to the other I just stated my preference for racing formats and I do not pay to watch anyone wreck or tear stuff up I prefer good hard clean racing like it should be.Has for being in wrecks and paying bills have been there done that have had my and they walked away crashes to, I understand and knew the consequences each time you get in to race.

10/7/09, 2:20 AM   #122
cshuman

You said you didnt want to see guys race "that way," or "stroking the system." which I believe is racing with your head... So if you dont want that, then the alternative would be taking chances and forcing the issue and probly tearing stuff up isnt it? Anyways, I really dont want to argue, im just sorry if the guys racing are trying to do what is in their best interest upsets you, but with you being a racer who has been there done that yourself I would think you would understand where I am coming from.. Oh well, it is what it is...

10/7/09, 6:23 AM   #123
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
You said you didn't want to see guys race "that way," or "stroking the system." which I believe is racing with your head... So if you don't want that, then the alternative would be taking chances and forcing the issue and probly tearing stuff up isnt it? Anyways, I really dont want to argue, im just sorry if the guys racing are trying to do what is in their best interest upsets you, but with you being a racer who has been there done that yourself I would think you would understand where I am coming from.. Oh well, it is what it is...
I think what hes trying to say "LIKE MOST FANS" is that its funner to watch a racer go for every position they can. In Usac's current format, second and third are GOOD enough to get your time back and fifth will get your time back in the B then A.

Nobody wants to see equipment tore up, Its why I like to see ruts fixed and cushion lips ran in or raked off. I want them cars back next week. When a accident happens when a drivers going for all he can get. Well ***** happens*
I can respect a smart racer, Been observing them for a long long time. The smart ones last a lot longer

10/7/09, 11:00 AM   #124
LEADERS EDGE

I prefer quals, but I would like to see either the top 6 or 10 locked in afterwards to reward them for a great qual effort. Top 8 maybe better because that would leave 24 plus no qual. winners to run heats.

I realize the track changes and this isn't fair and that isn't fair but there is no fair system period.

Qualifying is the very essence of the sport. Man and machine alone trying to run the fastest time they can. Nobody to blame if you are not fast enough.

Some drivers don't like to qualify because they don't know how to be fast without another car on the track to gauge off of.

Mr. Don Moore is correct about the fans.

1 member likes this post: Panama
10/7/09, 12:19 PM   #125
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I think what hes trying to say "LIKE MOST FANS" is that its funner to watch a racer go for every position they can. In Usac's current format, second and third are GOOD enough to get your time back and fifth will get your time back in the B then A.

Nobody wants to see equipment tore up, Its why I like to see ruts fixed and cushion lips ran in or raked off. I want them cars back next week. When a accident happens when a drivers going for all he can get. Well ***** happens*
I can respect a smart racer, Been observing them for a long long time. The smart ones last a lot longer
What I think Chuck is trying to say is This post is done, stick a fork in it
Last edited by SPRINTCAR; 10/7/09 at 12:20 PM.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
10/7/09, 12:57 PM   #126
polecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
What I think Chuck is trying to say is This post is done, stick a fork in it
i agree. lets all move to the Gold Crown Nationals being cancelled thread.:2:

10/8/09, 10:23 PM   #127
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
The most important person at a race is the FAN!!!!! Without the FAN, you have nothing. Without RACE FANS, there would be no races unless everybody pays to race and there is no return. Now, a very interesting observation regarding those who have posted in this thread and have supported the actions of the two teams that vacated the track after the practice/pill draw: VERY FEW MENTION ANYTHING TO DO WHATSOEVER WITH THE RACE FAN. It's all about this driver, a business decision, a race team and people dreaming up all kinds of scenarios to make this deal sound politically correct. This is the almighty ME society coming through loud and clear with no respect for the RACE FAN.

I will say one thing as an owner that HIRES drivers to race: Not in my wildest dreams would I ever, ever, ever suggest to a hired driver who has come to the track to race one of my cars that we load up after having presented ourselves to the public at a race track. Whe you come to a race track... deal with it.

I have been fortunate to have some of the best midget drivers in the business drive my cars and I cannot envision any of them suggesting that we load up and go home. If you show up at the track and present yourself to the public as part of the entertainment, IMO, you have an obligation to complete your part as an entertainer and deal with the circumstances that are presented to you.
I can not believe your post. Your cars sit parked all of the time. You complain about the cost of racing all of the time. You tell us that your cars will not race because the pay is bad, or that the entrance fee is too high. You complain about every one charging you to pay a pit pass. Now, you talk down about two guys who have competed in more races this year than most of us could dream about, and say they owed us something. The irony in your post is amazing.

As a fan, I am disappointed that the two guys loaded up. However, I completely understand why they did it, and do not hold it against them. They are not the first guys to do this nor will they be the last guys to do this.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > cry baby racing staring clauson and jones!!