IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Midget Classifieds > VW engine
11/23/20, 10:07 PM   #1
VW engine
Circletracker

I would like some opinions on a VW engine in a midget that hasn't run for 18 years. It's not stuck. What should I do before pushing it off. It is fuel injected. Was overhauled by Autocraft of Toledo before last run.

11/24/20, 5:19 AM   #2
Radicle

If the rocker arms were not loosened to take valve spring pressure off I would pull the heads & change valve springs Clean cylinders with lacquer thinner & then wipe down with Ed Pink’s cylinder lube Reassemble Pull spark plugs & injector lines Turn fuel on ,push to get oil pressure & fuel Check for leaks Check injection nozzles C S Pill & barrel valve & all filters Oil & Fuel Install plugs nozzles & lines

12/15/20, 5:08 AM   #3
Re: VW engine
cutaboveracing

I would build an engine starter stand. Use a vw bus tranny housing. Build the stand to accommodate all necessary essentials for the motor. Life is so much easier when you can work on it without crawling around and under the car. You will be able to address all problems that arise i.e. leaks, adjustments and repairs. You will find doing it this way will be beneficial when you finally push it off. Good Luck Aloha Rodney

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Midget Classifieds > VW engine