IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > For the COVID avoiders, when do return to the track?
12/23/20, 10:44 PM   #61
Re: For the COVID avoiders, when do return to the track?
Rpracing1

^^^^^ stupie^^^^^

12/24/20, 2:03 PM   #62
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
IOW fans, allow me to intervene and call a truce.

Our good friend Jonr started this thread to inquire when and how we all might go about attending races in 2021 during these unprecidented times of this issue. As this issue unfolded in the Spring here in the United States of America, and Indiana (which I am still honored to be allowed to cross the northern border) it changed our lives and status quo much like other issues of past years - 9/11, smoking in public, seat belts, etc. Eventually we adjust and move on in one way shape or form.

But we all come to this forum started by out late friend Mr. Gardner, whom I have never met, and kept up by Mrs. G, The First Lady of Dirt (I say that as as a compliment - honest) as race fans. As race fans will be, one will be rooting for this driver, another for that driver, and somewhere in the grandstand there is always someone who is rooting for all drivers and a good race.

We are at that point in this thread. Politically, we have the left and the right. Pandemic-wise, we have the same thing - one side of the issue and the other side of the issue, all going about dealing with this in our own way. As in ********, we are very divided in our beliefs, as we are with the issue at hand noted by the original poster of this thread. When divided as such in any manner, reaching a resolution can be extremely difficult, but not impossible.

We are all fans of the sport and as fans together, right & left, pro & con, wing & non-wing, dirt & pavement, we are going to have our differences. Let's take a deep breath and respect the opinions of the "other" fan. You may not LIKE that opinion, but that opinion is real and present.

Let us be better than slinging crap at each other here. If one wishes to do that, by all means go over to another forum that starts with an H where it is performed regularly.

It is the holiday season, IOW fans. But more importantly, it is the human season. That season runs all year long.

Please.... no accolades for this post. Let's just get back together, on track, and at the track as we deem fit.

I will now go start my grill out in the driveway. He's one of my best buds. We've been through thick and thin and many a track. Just like a lot of us here on IOW. Thank god grills cannot talk.
So I am now sorry I started this thread. I tried to be very specific in the title. “For the COVID avoiders, when do you plan on returning. I stated that I myself was an avoider.” I was interested in how people who were treating the virus the same way I was would return to the track.

I know that there are a large number of people who were not treating the virus the same way I am. I already know their plans for returning. I was hoping that they would have passed over this thread.

5 members like this post: Daisy's dad, erich45, fish, jim goerge, WinglessLovers
12/24/20, 5:36 PM   #63
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshort36 View Post
There have been plenty of doctors out there reporting this but u need to turn off cnn. Flu reported illnesses and deaths are down over 90%. Coincidence? Don’t think so I have talked personally to people who said that their family members were reported to die of covid when it wasn’t true. Go ahead and be a sheep your choice
Thats not proof. You're just repeating your own opinion & rumors

1 member likes this post: fish
12/24/20, 5:38 PM   #64
revjimk

Quote:
The CDC has reported that only 6% of covid related deaths are a direct result of covid. The rest were from underlying conditions. Survival rate is over 99%. There were 1.3 million people killed in car accidents. U should really pay attention to others than cnn
ALL the TV stations & newspapers report the facts about COVID, except maybe Fox. Maybe you
should stop watching that?

2 members like this post: fish, Ken Bonnema
12/24/20, 5:40 PM   #65
revjimk

Quote:
This is totally false u can find anything you want if you try hard enough your just an idiot
YOU say its false... lets see some evidence
You don't know the difference between "your" and "you're" & I'M an idiot????

2 members like this post: fish, Ken Bonnema
12/24/20, 5:44 PM   #66
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
IOW fans, allow me to intervene and call a truce.

Our good friend Jonr started this thread to inquire when and how we all might go about attending races in 2021 during these unprecidented times of this issue. As this issue unfolded in the Spring here in the United States of America, and Indiana (which I am still honored to be allowed to cross the northern border) it changed our lives and status quo much like other issues of past years - 9/11, smoking in public, seat belts, etc. Eventually we adjust and move on in one way shape or form.

But we all come to this forum started by out late friend Mr. Gardner, whom I have never met, and kept up by Mrs. G, The First Lady of Dirt (I say that as as a compliment - honest) as race fans. As race fans will be, one will be rooting for this driver, another for that driver, and somewhere in the grandstand there is always someone who is rooting for all drivers and a good race.

We are at that point in this thread. Politically, we have the left and the right. Pandemic-wise, we have the same thing - one side of the issue and the other side of the issue, all going about dealing with this in our own way. As in ********, we are very divided in our beliefs, as we are with the issue at hand noted by the original poster of this thread. When divided as such in any manner, reaching a resolution can be extremely difficult, but not impossible.

We are all fans of the sport and as fans together, right & left, pro & con, wing & non-wing, dirt & pavement, we are going to have our differences. Let's take a deep breath and respect the opinions of the "other" fan. You may not LIKE that opinion, but that opinion is real and present.

Let us be better than slinging crap at each other here. If one wishes to do that, by all means go over to another forum that starts with an H where it is performed regularly.

It is the holiday season, IOW fans. But more importantly, it is the human season. That season runs all year long.

Please.... no accolades for this post. Let's just get back together, on track, and at the track as we deem fit.

I will now go start my grill out in the driveway. He's one of my best buds. We've been through thick and thin and many a track. Just like a lot of us here on IOW. Thank god grills cannot talk.
Sorry, I didn't see this until I started replying to a COVID denier. Thing is, its not about opinions, its about FACTS. I would have stayed on topic about upcoming post-COVID plans, but refuse to let lies go unanswered

1 member likes this post: fish
12/25/20, 3:24 PM   #67
55fan

Somebody just give me my damn shot. I got a hell of a lot to do yet and not enough time to get it done.

1 member likes this post: rick42
12/26/20, 11:29 PM   #68
Joe Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Thats the whole point of the masks, if you haven't heard...
If you truly buy into that thought process, then explain why California is spiking so badly along with Illinois, New York, and everywhere else masks are mandatory?

You take care of yourself and I'll take care of me. Do you carry to protect me also? If you don't, then you're a hypocrite for chastising me about being worried about someone else's safety.

3 members like this post: dshort36, flagboy55, skids59
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > For the COVID avoiders, when do return to the track?