IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race Team or Race Track
12/15/20, 10:48 AM   #21
Hustlin-Hoosier

Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJC77 View Post
Might have a hard time getting that land away from Fair Oaks Nathan, but I'm pulling for you, would love a track in my back yard!
I thought he was buying the Ponderosa Sun Club or Sun City ?

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
12/15/20, 11:52 AM   #22
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlin-Hoosier View Post

Lol. Stay away from the nudist colonies there . The land I’ve always looked at is on Route 10 just off of I-65.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/15/20, 1:10 PM   #23
55fan

Neither. I would just go where the hell when the hell I want. That being said, getting my covid-19 vaccine will be just as big of a deal. Come on 2021.

1 member likes this post: racenut69
12/15/20, 2:08 PM   #24
Re: Race Team or Race Track
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I'm thinking of a brand new INDOOR track . It would be in southern part of Indiana between Evansville and Bloomington. Building kinda like Chilli Bowl maybe little bigger so could run wingless sprints with the midgets, and if you know me YOU know its going to be dirt , well I do know where I can get gumbo already lol Run once a month with $8 to $10 big ones to win in both classes and $1500 to start. Purses will not be top heavy, but spread out though the field. Food and drink really reasonable like quarter pound burgers with cheese $3 bucks, maybe a huge prime rib sandwish for 5, or maybe open it up for several different food trucks , I"d make sure they kept their prices low, soft drinks a buck and beer 2 bucks a bottle. Series would be MSCS, USAC for sprints , Midgets USAC and PowrI conbined shows so we"d get 50 or more cars each show. Stay tuned in for more details I may get after another shot of Fireball and another "tote" lol Hold on Hold on !!!! Once a year a race for both classes like the Mopar Million, but admission $20 bucks, pit pass $30, Dam I need another shot.
When not running my indoor track, I"d go to tracks across Indiana and tell the series or track promotor to ADD this to their purse, to be spread though the field, maybe 4 or 5 on top rest for field , and hand them $10000 to $15000 cash. This would be for regular Friday Saturday Sunday shows. I wouldn"t tell anyone where I"d be heading, Hell I wouldn"t know till I got there.
Last edited by jim goerge; 12/15/20 at 2:10 PM.

12/15/20, 2:34 PM   #25
jonboat15

I really wish I had those dollars now, I would love to increase the purse for the David Steele race in Florida. 125 laps for $5,000 to win doesn't seem like much. Hopefully this event will continue and thanks to all the teams that compete in this event. I met Dave a few times and he was super cordial to me, great racer and a nice guy. I told him during one visit that if I was rich I'd get him an Indy car ride, he joked and said he was getting a bit heavy to fit in those cars anymore. Hoping we all can hit a lottery of some kind in 2021.
Last edited by jonboat15; 12/15/20 at 2:41 PM.

12/15/20, 6:11 PM   #26
racenut69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Id buy a track and make sure everything was the worst. The track seating, food, restrooms. Everything.

You sure as hell can't please anyone these days, So why even try?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/16/20, 9:09 AM   #27
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
When not running my indoor track, I"d go to tracks across Indiana and tell the series or track promotor to ADD this to their purse, to be spread though the field, maybe 4 or 5 on top rest for field , and hand them $10000 to $15000 cash. This would be for regular Friday Saturday Sunday shows. I wouldn"t tell anyone where I"d be heading, Hell I wouldn"t know till I got there.
I always wished I had the $ to pay pit passes for a couple of the low buck teams and give a guy would had a bad night with a crash or blown motor a couple hundred $ to help get them back next week.

12/16/20, 11:09 AM   #28
LJC77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlin-Hoosier View Post
Completely different type of circle jerk racing going on there

12/18/20, 7:43 PM   #29
Joe Schaub

Interesting idea.

Track: Two ideas here: Rebuild Syracuse as best as I could. Purchase the derelict horse track at Lewistown, IL and make it a 1/3rd mile track like Knoxville, IA with armco and a paved pit area inside the track. Run weekly shows there but have bi-weekly openwheel shows with POWRI, USAC, MOWA, ASCoC, and any other openwheel dirt series.

Team: I would have a two car Silver Crown team: One for Dave Darland and the other that for now would be TBA. The team would run pavement and dirt.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
12/18/20, 10:21 PM   #30
SoIllSprinter

I walk most days at the Du Quoin State Fairgrounds. Directly north of the mile there is a farm field with a long hillside facing east. When I walk by it it easy to envision a track with hill side seating like Bloomington or LPS only this site lays out even better than either of those tracks. In fact several years ago in the field they cut a third to half mile track to sweat horses. Pipe dream, but with powerball type money it would be a great project!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race Team or Race Track