IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson
4/14/20, 12:24 PM   #21
flagboy55

Well folks the country I love is skinless. This PC stuff is way too much. Absolutely he chose the wrong word, without question but in this case it was just a word among friends as if he would have said stupid, or idiot. It was just a jab at his spotter, no malice, no racism, just a terrible choice of words. Which is a mistake, which I’m pretty sure most of us have done. David I agree, he could have beat his wife and got off easier. I just hope the short track community is smart enough to accept his apology and welcome him to the track if we ever get back to the track. I’ll say this, I’ve learned a valuable lesson over this. A couple mistakes I won’t make anytime soon is buying a Chevy, getting a Credit One account, and going to McD’s. Now I’m off to look up Plan B sales and see what I can buy

4/14/20, 12:53 PM   #22
ThrowbackRacingTeam

The only people sensitive about the word are white people. Blacks call each other that all the time and if you are friends with them or hang around them much you end up using the word too. It's a really unfair double standard in my opinion and it only promotes racism rather than suppress it.

4/14/20, 1:05 PM   #23
Re: Kyle Larson
Slider20

I never thought it would end like this... Maybe he will come back to open wheel full time and try to make a run at an Indy car ride eventually, kind of like Shane Hmiel did. At this point, it seems far fetched.

4/14/20, 3:10 PM   #24
Stevensville Mike

I know where I stand on this but I am going to refrain from tossing my opinion out there.....

.... but does anyone know who he was aiming this comment at, or was it no one in particular and he was just shooting into the air? Was there a specific black guy/girl on board at the time in the game?

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
4/14/20, 3:29 PM   #25
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I know where I stand on this but I am going to refrain from tossing my opinion out there.....

.... but does anyone know who he was aiming this comment at, or was it no one in particular and he was just shooting into the air? Was there a specific black guy/girl on board at the time in the game?
My understanding is he was talking to his spotter. If it was said in haste or frustration, i certainly didn’t get that from it.

Personally, i thought it was said out of shock value for a laugh, which is unfortunate because if so, he could’ve called him a “stupid mother f@$#er b!*#h wh%&e” and gotten a much much different response.

This whole thing is prime example of why my opinions on where the word fits in todays society is held in a completely different place than my belief and hope that it will never slip out of my mouth for any reason. emphasis on hope. i’d be lying if i said my sense of humor and control of my tongue when i’m mad is perfect and never crosses a line.
Last edited by JarrettFarms73; 4/14/20 at 3:31 PM.

4/14/20, 3:36 PM   #26
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
My understanding is he was talking to his spotter. If it was said in haste or frustration, i certainly didn’t get that from it.

Personally, i thought it was said out of shock value for a laugh, which is unfortunate because if so, he could’ve called him a “stupid mother f@$#er b!*#h wh%&e” and gotten a much much different response.

This whole thing is prime example of why my opinions on where the word fits in todays society is held in a completely different place than my belief and hope that it will never slip out of my mouth for any reason. emphasis on hope. i’d be lying if i said my sense of humor and control of my tongue when i’m mad is perfect and never crosses a line.
Thanks, '73. I was kind of getting that spotter vibe reading another article associated with this event.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, JarrettFarms73, jdull99
4/14/20, 3:46 PM   #27
55fan

Men who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones. This is for Kyle and all those who fired him. 94.67 pct of us have used the same word more than once.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, progressive22
4/14/20, 3:53 PM   #28
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55fan View Post
94.67 pct of us have used the same word more than once.
Speak for yourself.

5 members like this post: IndySprintCar, Ken Bonnema, Leohr46, Pitdad, Rapid Rick
4/14/20, 3:56 PM   #29
Radicle

Get Over It

4 members like this post: Big Mike 7, chris jockish, chrismattlin, progressive22
4/15/20, 1:32 AM   #30
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post

One story had it down to most certainty that it was Parker Kligerman (sometimes racer...TV talking head most of the other time...I really can't stand him)...he is as Caucasian as one can be...

Another story I read, it appeared some on "Twitter" (which is un-credible as anything...), that it was aimed at Truck/Xfinity driver Anthony Alfredo...who Mike Waltrip calls smthn about "pasta" everytime he is on TV. I'm guessing Twitterville, didn't realize Kyle had biracial (or of two different races, I don't mean to say it the wrong way) parents and Asian descent...like he was even in the NASCAR Drive for Diversity program! (We all know he didn't need to be in that program, but HE WAS...NASCAR pushed it when it benefitted them!)

I wouldn't be surprised if all of them have listened to the mentioned rap/hip-hop music that was made popular from b4 they were born...IF one were to hear just a few tracks from the guy the NFL hired to run their Half-time shows (Jay-Z he goes by...), they would have the term almost stuck in their head...& like 6 years ago a popular song was like even radio play and had an "edited" substitute to refer to one's friend as "My Hitta"...everyone knew what the song was saying...& its taken as a (poor) term of endearment if anything! & I'm sure there are MANY more examples, but off the top of my head, that's what comes to my mind...(& the one mentioned song just says it over and over and over again - maybe some of these "artists" would be up for owning or sponsoring a racing team??? Like I said, the NFL encourages it...)

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=my%20hitta
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 4/15/20 at 2:20 AM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson