IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Midget racing at the Ditch
12/12/19, 10:53 PM   #1
USAC Midget racing at the Ditch
Jonr

Thinking very seriously about going to the two day show at the Ditch in April. Anyone have any experience going to this race? What is the weather like in Early April? I remember hearing that the track is not in the best part of town. Where does everyone stay when there?

Thanks
Jon R

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/13/19, 11:55 AM   #2
Re: USAC Midget racing at the Ditch
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Jon R,

The Ditch is an awesome track. The surface is great. The weather in Arkansas/Tennessee is questionable in April but should be warmer than Indiana. Just have to check the weather forecast that weekend and decide if you want to go or not. The area around the Ditch is questionable but the track grounds are fine and you should be fine. I would suggest staying across the river in Memphis, TN but research your hotel area as Memphis is not one of the safest areas around these days but then again neither are certain areas of Indianapolis.

Don't look for reasons not to go but instead look for reasons to go such as Beale Street or a visit to Elvis' house. My wife and I have plans on going to this one also.

Bruce Eckel

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Jonr, nathans1012, tirespinner
12/13/19, 3:23 PM   #3
Roy Bleckert

Last edited by Roy Bleckert; 12/13/19 at 3:25 PM.

12/13/19, 7:05 PM   #4
Jonr

Does the track do reserve seating?

My monthly plug to all promoters that there is a significant portion of the racing population that would gladly pay more money per ticket if we knew exactly where we were going to sit.

3 members like this post: PIT CART, spicoli, tirespinner
12/13/19, 10:44 PM   #5
55fan

We have some tracks a little farther east in TN. Hint. Lexington and Hohenwald, TN. Make a nice weekend trip with the ditch.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Midget racing at the Ditch