IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Sprint Series??
11/30/09, 12:34 PM   #21
Re: New Sprint Series??
Haulerin2deep

No way in hell will we put on a wing!!!!!!! I am guessing a certain tire manufacturer has something to do with this leaning towards wings. You could expect your normal 12-16 cars supporting it. Not saying that non-wing would be more just saying thats how many I would guess.

2 members like this post: mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan
11/30/09, 6:01 PM   #22
bandres21

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 46

no way in hell would i show up to watch

3 members like this post: FishBurger, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan
11/30/09, 10:52 PM   #23
TNRustler

We attended last year's Illinois Sprint Week and had planned on going again this year. Add the wings and we're out.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
12/1/09, 10:45 AM   #24
miledirt

MASS tried a wing deal...didn't work too well, few of the Farmington cars ran

Go non wing, more fans, more cars

12/1/09, 12:15 PM   #25
illinisprintfan

If you race with wings, I might go to Clay County or Red Hill (if it was open), but I wouldn't travel any farther than that ( 30 minutes) to see a race. No offense to the winged racers, but I just don't enjoy it enough to drive farther than that to watch winged racing. If that was all that available, I might feel different, but I can drive a couple of hours and see non wing racing at a number of tracks. Good luck with your venture, I hope it is successful.

12/1/09, 12:59 PM   #26
RACER99W

Don look at the car count for a MASS races in the last 2 yrs.
And look at the car count average at Farminton in the last 2 yrs.
Then look at the sactioned races that invaders or Mscs have, we have ran with both and you do not go to a race that has less than 20 cars. Average 25 cars.
Look at the canton,jville races that are sactioned. you need a club with a following.

12/23/09, 7:52 PM   #27
live4racing

It looks like Illinois Sprint Week will be non-wing once again. We have decided to move forward with the Monster Midwest Non-Wing Sprint Series. We will put together a 16-18 race schedule. The races will pay $2000 to Win $200 to start with a $5000 to win Point Fund. Look for more info at the Springfield trade show.

You can check out our other series at monstermidwestseries.com

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Pat O'Connor Fan, racin51
12/23/09, 9:21 PM   #28
Pine

What's up with that. Obviously its' none of my business, but, why WITH a wing the payout would be 2500, 250 and 10,000, and WITHOUT the wing the payout goes down to 2000, 200 and 5000. When will the non-wingers get the payout and RESPECT they so deserve in the sprintcar world.....I don't get it...

3 members like this post: mtek56, Pat O'Connor Fan, SHORTBUS
12/23/09, 9:58 PM   #29
Tripp22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
What's up with that. Obviously its' none of my business, but, why WITH a wing the payout would be 2500, 250 and 10,000, and WITHOUT the wing the payout goes down to 2000, 200 and 5000. When will the non-wingers get the payout and RESPECT they so deserve in the sprintcar world.....I don't get it...
I for one will have to say Thanks and hope we will make this work. We need to build on this. Right now we are getting our respect this had to be a tough choice to make with J-villes returning to wing land.
Otie Tripplet

12/23/09, 10:00 PM   #30
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4racing View Post
It looks like Illinois Sprint Week will be non-wing once again. We have decided to move forward with the Monster Midwest Non-Wing Sprint Series. We will put together a 16-18 race schedule. The races will pay $2000 to Win $200 to start with a $5000 to win Point Fund. Look for more info at the Springfield trade show.

You can check out our other series at monstermidwestseries.com
Will Illinois Sprint Week follow the same schedule and time frame as last year? Same tracks involved?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Sprint Series??