IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week feed?
6/9/15, 8:11 PM   #11
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I get your points. But you know...there's some promoters out there who have that mindset where anything that might hurt the front gate...

I plan on doing pre race periscope feeds from Brownstown tomorrow, Putnamville Thursday and Bloomington Friday. With post race victory lane activities as well.

6/9/15, 8:30 PM   #12
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
I get your points. But you know...there's some promoters out there who have that mindset where anything that might hurt the front gate...

I plan on doing pre race periscope feeds from Brownstown tomorrow, Putnamville Thursday and Bloomington Friday. With post race victory lane activities as well.
Its all good about the sport we all love and we all wish that we can hit all the great racing events that we can but with various situation all race fans can't hit them all and enjoy the updates from the crew that keeps us racing fans loving the sport we all love. Thanks for all the great things that people post live from the track and have fun for some great racing this indiana midget week.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, rachasin, scottyCbus
6/9/15, 9:03 PM   #13
on_the_edge

The way I see it is that this app is all over the world and can help attract new fans. Gives people that have never been to a race a little teaser, seen a bunch of people commenting asking what they were watching. If anything I think promoters should encourage this social media frenzy to help attract new fans and increase the front gate. Embrace new technology don't try to fight it and hopefully this new idea does just that for this sport.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97
6/9/15, 10:33 PM   #14
Jeffg

Well in that case maybe they should ban race monitor to you can set at home and watch live timing and scoring are you serious nobody's going to stay at home to watch a race on periscope you can barely tell which cars are are running where unless a person periscopeing tells you who's leading running first second and third

1 member likes this post: KJHolley
6/9/15, 11:35 PM   #15
Chris Nunn

Again. I was just saying what some promoters might think. You know how they are with losing money and whatnot. You can't ban anyone from using their phone at the track

6/10/15, 12:07 AM   #16
wideopen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post

Personally my sponsors don't come to our races becuase they live on the other side of the country. Many of my followers and fans only come to one or 2 a year but still support my sponsors and my team. Social media like Periscope is huge to help them feel like they are part of the action they help fund. There are many causes and effects to any action Chris. Narrow minded people will be the death of it.

Here is something to think about.... How many of those races are you paying to get into? How many races do you pay to see in a season? How many "media" members will be at IMW on a free credential yet make a profit? How many photographers ask permission to take photos of the cars that they sell for profit? Where are our royalties from the sales? Why do I have to pay to sell my merchandise when they get in for free? Etc etc...
Last edited by wideopen24; 6/10/15 at 1:07 AM.

7 members like this post: dkdorkboy, jim goerge, KJHolley, kylezero, micro23, NEMA88, wcbrock02
6/10/15, 12:43 AM   #17
Chris Nunn

I pay to get in anywhere except Bloomington and Brownstown.

6/10/15, 12:51 AM   #18
wideopen24

The racers pay to get in EVERYWHERE... Maybe the "promotors" need to remember without the racers all they have is a facility. It's 2015... Either use the tools available to your advantage or watch your product fade away. Big time racing is only big time becuase they were start enough to use their resources for them and get in front a larger audience. In our little corner of the sport Fans pay tracks. Tracks pay series. Series pay racers. The formula isn't very profitable for anyone until we get a wider fan base and start bringing in their new money.
Last edited by wideopen24; 6/10/15 at 12:54 AM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, kylezero
6/10/15, 12:58 AM   #19
Re: Indiana Midget Week feed?
spot1

Race Count This Year: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen24 View Post
Personally my sponsors don't come to our races becuase they live on the other side of the country. Many of my followers and fans only come to one or 2 a year but still support my sponsors and my team. Social media like Periscope is huge to help them feel like they are part of the action they help fund. There are many causes and effects to any action Chris. Narrow minded people will be the death of it.

Here is something to think about.... How many of those races are you paying to get into? How many races do you pay to see in a season? How many "media" members will be at IMW on a free credential yet make a profit? How many photographers ask permission to take photos of the cars they they sell for profit? Where are our royalties from the sales? Why do I have to pay to sell my merchandise when they get in for free? Etc etc...
Congrats, this is the post that finally made me decide to join this forum after several years of lurking. I am a media photographer at the races I go to. However, I am not there to profit. I am there to record the action the best that I can. There are a lot of times I will give photos to various drivers or just burn a photo cd for them. I'm simply not out there to go around peddling photos. I don't have the time. I know it yanks my crank that there are photographers out there that do nothing more than post photos on their own website to sell after getting in free at the track. These are the ones that should pay.
A lot of times, I have sent photos, by e-mail or on a cd, to the tracks I hit so they can use the photos as they wish, too.
BTW, a photographer would not have to ask permission to shoot your car in action because you are at a public event as long as they are just shooting it as part of a report on the event in a newspaper or magazine. It could get touchier if it's used as an advertising campaign. You may have a case then.

6/10/15, 1:16 AM   #20
wideopen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot1 View Post
Congrats, this is the post that finally made me decide to join this forum after several years of lurking. I am a media photographer at the races I go to. However, I am not there to profit. I am there to record the action the best that I can. There are a lot of times I will give photos to various drivers or just burn a photo cd for them. I'm simply not out there to go around peddling photos. I don't have the time. I know it yanks my crank that there are photographers out there that do nothing more than post photos on their own website to sell after getting in free at the track. These are the ones that should pay.
A lot of times, I have sent photos, by e-mail or on a cd, to the tracks I hit so they can use the photos as they wish, too.
BTW, a photographer would not have to ask permission to shoot your car in action because you are at a public event as long as they are just shooting it as part of a report on the event in a newspaper or magazine. It could get touchier if it's used as an advertising campaign. You may have a case then.
spot1- Thank you. People like you are what helps this sport continue to have a heart beat and hopefully grow. There are so many out there that just flat out don't get it.

1 member likes this post: KJHolley
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week feed?